Giphy Integration [Deleted]

Show Trending Giphy, on first click? option is not working. CSS issue again?
Hey I'll check in a moment I would say if it's not working its twofold.

One the CSS has changed so you will need to again change it do that it includes the new CSS template either into extra.css or a different one

The other issue is that it is probably using legacy JavaScript and for some reason it didn't update, do you cache your js by any chance?

Either way I'll check it in about an hour once I have the kids off to school and I can sit at my desk

Looks like it works fine in the browser on a desktop (i am using a macbook air) but not on the iPhone on your site. I would say there is a caching issue. Let me do some more troubleshooting

Hi,

So I tested this out on your site it just seems like Safari is the only issue on a mobile.

I tested the following
Macbook Air:
Chrome: Works
Safari: Works
Firefox: Works

iPhone 6s:
Safari: Didn't work
Chrome: Works

After testing it on Chrome, I went to a new thread and cleared my cache for your site. Then I retested on the iPhone

Safari: Works

So it just appears that safari was holding onto the old cached version of the JS file for the addon, once I cleared the cache and got it to refresh the JS it all worked fine. You should be able to force the JS cache refresh from the Admin interface (one of the xenforo options) unless you have some server side browser cacheing set through Expire headers. In any case a refresh of the page should show it working.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Hi after fiddling around most of this morning, I haven't had much luck with adding a new button into TinyMCE and the tutorials or dev information aren't all that clear. If anyone does have a clear example on how to add a button and javascript callback to Tinymcequattro then awesome, but until that happens I think I will have to give up on trying to support that, I just can't dedicate another day to doing it at this stage

@cclaerhout have you any clear examples on how to add a new toolbar item in tinymce and how to link it to a JS callback?
Any news from @cclaerhout ? :(

Heya @Dannymh been poking around with this today.

There seems to be a bug, that after you introduce a gif, if you click the button again, it won't display trending, neither let you search, it won't load on this case.

On another issue, the sizing options seem to be completely ignored, no matter what i select it's not taking any effect, ideas?

And a feature request, can there be a permission per usergroup to see and use the giphy button?

There seems to be a bug, that after you introduce a gif, if you click the button again, it won't display trending, neither let you search, it won't load on this case.

On another issue, the sizing options seem to be completely ignored, no matter what i select it's not taking any effect, ideas?

And a feature request, can there be a permission per usergroup to see and use the giphy button?

Hi,

I'll check into the first issue soon, I haven't experienced it on my site, should be a simple fix of clearing and reloading the click event.

Also the sizing works on my site, but those changes can be subtle. I will again confirm they are all working.

Are you using the overlay modal or the text editor pop under?

Permissions I will have to see, I've been trying to avoid the use of too much php integration and keeping the plugin light, if I can filter permissions into it without too many callbacks then yes that will be an easy add

Are you using the overlay modal or the text editor pop under?
The under the editor yes mode yes.

Permissions I will have to see, I've been trying to avoid the use of too much php integration and keeping the plugin light, if I can filter permissions into it without too many callbacks then yes that will be an easy add
Yeah it's mostly to attempt to avoid possible spam of this function.

I've made a tutorial for this and I've coded a lot of individual addons that adds a button... So it shouldn't be that hard:
Addons for reference:

By the way the listener of TinyMCE Quattro has been fully documented with all available functions.

I've made a tutorial for this and I've coded a lot of individual addons that adds a button... So it shouldn't be that hard:
Addons for reference:

By the way the listener of TinyMCE Quattro has been fully documented with all available functions.
Thank you I will take a look at these to see if I can get it working, Appreciated

I have fixed the reloading trending and letting you search. Just checking the sizing before sending out an update

Im looking into TinyMCE again now and will see if I can add permissions as well. I may need to work around it as there is no mechanism that I can find at the moment to control each button by user group, but perhaps I can come up with a workaround for this, I will need to investigate.

So looking at update, it firstly worked on the preview size, i placed to original to test and then back to limited with, by default, and now it's always displaying the preview as the original size.

In terms of post size image, it seems to still ignore it on the update.

So looking at update, it firstly worked on the preview size, i placed to original to test and then back to limited with, by default, and now it's always displaying the preview as the original size.

That will be cache. You will need to refresh the page and clear your cache so that it will work. When you changed it to original for the preview, it would have cached the JS, when you changed it back it wouldn't have set yet.

I'll double check on my site but all seems to be working

Double checked and all the codes and options work as expected when I change them with the latest version. I changed the image sizes to multiple different options and all took as expected and were reflected on the front-end

Top Bottom