Giphy Integration [Deleted]

You're doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work.
New version just release, changed the height of the modal and moved the styles of the dynamic table to the Extra.css template modification.

You should now be able to adapt and change the style and height and perfect it for your theme

New version just release, changed the height of the modal and moved the styles of the dynamic table to the Extra.css template modification.

You should now be able to adapt and change the style and height and perfect it for your theme
Here's the results:

giphy 1.webp

giphy 2.webp

Also, not sure what this is, but on my mac it causes the screen to flicker white boxes.

The mobile view is definitely easier to scroll but on my iphone 6 you see about half of the first gif. I'll take that over the earlier option though.

Here's the results:

View attachment 129812

View attachment 129813

Also, not sure what this is, but on my mac it causes the screen to flicker white boxes.

The mobile view is definitely easier to scroll but on my iphone 6 you see about half of the first gif. I'll take that over the earlier option though.

You can now adjust the design as to the desired heights and colours that you wish.
Just go to Admin >> Template Modifications >> Silvertails Giphy Integration >> Extra.css

You can change the css to adjust those heights now. If you adjust the .giphyresult that will change the height of that scrollable area, if you change the table it will adjust inner table size you need to adjust giphytableresults

Also on mobile the thumbnail images should be reduced to 100 width and small height size so you should see more depending on what you were searching.

You should play with the height and design in the Extra.css template editor but you should be aware that that will also change when you upgrade the addon in the future. If you come up with a setup you are happy with please share the css as others may find it useful.

Realistically its going to be different for every site and theme

Last edited:
Dannymh updated Giphy Search integration and toolbar with a new update entry:

Additional Styling element

Added class based styling to the table data cell for the images.

All the heights and colours of the internal modal window can now be fully styles via Template Modifications >> Giphy Integration >> Extra.css

Allowing you full design control over how it works with your theme, as every theme is different, the Rich editor buttons can also be styled here.

Read the rest of this update entry...

just finishing a few more changes that help you style and choose the size of images returned as options. should be coming soon

The API says to use the public key during development and then they tie the API to your "app" and they want a link to the app store. Are we taking a risk using just the public key or is there another way to get a private one other than having an app?

The API says to use the public key during development and then they tie the API to your "app" and they want a link to the app store. Are we taking a risk using just the public key or is there another way to get a private one other than having an app?
You only have to "optionally" add that meaning there is no requirement for you to add an App Store link. You can just skip that step and just fill in the other boxes

Am looking to add a new option where this displays like the smilies in redactor as well, just wanted to know how many would be interested in this?

Essentially it will pop down in a box underneath the messages

Hi,

Do you know how to add you add-on to https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tinymce-quattro-and-its-wysiwyg-bbcodes.1881/
Because when I use TinyMCE the Giphy button is not displayed.

Best regards
It was designed for the standard redactor system.

I will have to install TinyMCE to see if I can make sure it works and look at the options going forward. It may require a whole lot more coding. I will let you know. If you can't use it and don't want to wait I can refund your money, or you can wait a few days/week until I can test and code with TinyMCE

It was designed for the standard redactor system.

I will have to install TinyMCE to see if I can make sure it works and look at the options going forward. It may require a whole lot more coding. I will let you know. If you can't use it and don't want to wait I can refund your money, or you can wait a few days/week until I can test and code with TinyMCE
No, I can wait:)
Thanks

Thank you for the updates! Bought it and haven't had time to put use to it yet. From the screenshot it looks like that text field could use some CSS love around it, I'll take a look and see if I can suggest anything.

Again thanks!

It uses the stand
Thank you for the updates! Bought it and haven't had time to put use to it yet. From the screenshot it looks like that text field could use some CSS love around it, I'll take a look and see if I can suggest anything.

Again thanks!
It uses the standard CSS of Xenforo for text fields which is

Code:
class="textCtrl"

You can add your styling to the standard css of xenforo to adapt it. I could give it it's own class but that seems superfluous

It uses the stand

It uses the standard CSS of Xenforo for text fields which is

Code:
class="textCtrl"

You can add your styling to the standard css of xenforo to adapt it. I could give it it's own class but that seems superfluous

I was more referring to the outside of it, almost seems like it could use a little padding

I was more referring to the outside of it, almost seems like it could use a little padding
Its a little tough, it inherits a lot from the redactor box. I have been playing around with it and it was a nightmare just to style it this far.
You can edit the template modifications >> EXTRA.CSS and that will help

I left a class out of there that exists and would do mostly what you want called giphyContainer

One thing to bear in mind is screen real estate when that box pops down

Oops found another CSS issue when there are no results. Fixing that and uploading soon. Added some soft padding that box. You can further customize to your needs as well. If you do have a good styling setup for the box please share it I would love the CSS help and I am sure others would too. That is not my strong point

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 18.43.48.webp

Top Bottom