10 minutes later and I got the article preview to look like this. I find that it looks so much better than the default. Time to clean the code up. Let me know what you think!

article thread type.png

Hi everybody,

I've worked all day today to bring a dark version of the default light theme and I can gladly say it's now available for use. For those who have defaulted to the light theme, you can easily change to the new dark theme via a number of ways:

1. Top right corner you'll find a moon, near the search button on desktop or off-canvas menu on mobile.
2. Bottom left corner, in the footer on both desktop or mobile.
3. Via your preferences page.

I'm positive this will be THE theme from here on, which means no more changing.. so get used to it :p.

As always, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions, then fire away! We'd love to hear them.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend thus far.

A little preview here:
JoyFreak-Dark.webp

Trying to go with more of a Reddit approach on the homepage by displaying it like a news feed. I've also added a welcome notice with an animation to make it look fancy. Gaming Forum

6JmH3rd.gif

Just trying different approach. I think it's on trend now to have things like a news feed than a category list/forum list.

Agree, but don't forget, forum is a forum. No matter how you will customize, still a forum will remain. Try a very unique homepage, and then forum. But that's my view.

Title is blurry with light theme
Capture d’écran 2020-12-23 213055.webp

and the scroll bar maybe prettier with your personalization but totally unusable.
Otherwise, good job, the general rendering is very good (y)

The articles themselves need more cowbell. Some visual media to decorate them. Empty blocks of text are not attractive for a front page. Other than that, everything is looking sweet!

The articles themselves need more cowbell. Some visual media to decorate them. Empty blocks of text are not attractive for a front page. Other than that, everything is looking sweet!
They're not really articles, they are threads and the content is dependant on the author. It's like a thread list but a preview of the actual posts. I agree that the frontpage needs some visual flare but some posts do offer that with embedded media/images. I watched XenForo's insights episode 1 which suggested to use the latest posts as a the homepage but felt an article view is a lot better visually so went with that.

Top Bottom