[OzzModz] Game Thread Starter

[OzzModz] Game Thread Starter [Paid] 2.1.8

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I have to say, this addon is outstanding. Saves me alot of work and looks like it will help boost some game topics. Thanks :)

Snog updated Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.6

An update to the Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Change - Removed direct cURL calls per new XF standards
  • Fix - Genre IDs being shown when editing game
  • Remove - Unused phrases for game genres
  • Fix - Publisher/Developer not being shown in new game posts
  • Add - Cron task to update Platform/Genre/Publisher/Developer lists
  • Fix - Certain cached data...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can't edit games after the update:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] html_entity_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given src/addons/Snog/Games/Pub/Controller/Game.php:154

#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] htm...', '/home/technopa/...', 154, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Games/Pub/Controller/Game.php(154): html_entity_decode(Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Games\Pub\Controller\Game->actionEdit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Games:Game', 'Edit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(Snog\Games\Pub\Controller\Game), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(184) "/sosyal/games/metro-exodus.603953/edit?_xfRequestUri=%2Fsosyal%2Fkonu%2Fmetro-exodus.603953%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1538570684%2C93ae1a147dfb36c7c7c1157cfa3b74f4&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/metro-exodus.603953/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(33) "/sosyal/konu/metro-exodus.603953/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1538570684,93ae1a147dfb36c7c7c1157cfa3b74f4"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Can't edit games after the update:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] html_entity_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given src/addons/Snog/Games/Pub/Controller/Game.php:154

#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] htm...', '/home/technopa/...', 154, Array)
#1 src/addons/Snog/Games/Pub/Controller/Game.php(154): html_entity_decode(Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Games\Pub\Controller\Game->actionEdit(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Games:Game', 'Edit', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(Snog\Games\Pub\Controller\Game), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(184) "/sosyal/games/metro-exodus.603953/edit?_xfRequestUri=%2Fsosyal%2Fkonu%2Fmetro-exodus.603953%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1538570684%2C93ae1a147dfb36c7c7c1157cfa3b74f4&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/konu/metro-exodus.603953/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(33) "/sosyal/konu/metro-exodus.603953/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(43) "1538570684,93ae1a147dfb36c7c7c1157cfa3b74f4"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Hmm... didn't have a problem here, but I can see where it might be possible.

I've placed a patch on the download server that should fix the problem. Download the add-on again, upload the files to your server and install the patched version (2.0.6.1).

Anyone that has already downloaded version 2.0.6 should download and install the patched version ( @TürkBinGazi ). Everyone else will automatically receive the patched version.

Last edited:
it's really hard to add image of screenshot and fan art if they are BLANK from host again and again is they any easy way for user so all user can upload image there. because i can't provide ftp to all 3000 users ?
may be a direct upload will be good if screenshot and fan-art field blank.

it's really hard to add image of screenshot and fan art if they are BLANK from host again and again is they any easy way for user so all user can upload image there. because i can't provide ftp to all 3000 users ?
may be a direct upload will be good if screenshot and fan-art field blank.
While it is possible to give all users permission to edit games, it's not really intended for all users to have that ability. Most people only allow trusted users to edit games.

Just as another option, users could join TGDb and upload screenshots and fanart there before posting the game on your site. That would ensure they get posted when the thread is started on your site.

But I'll put this on the wish list for the game system.

Last edited:
I can see I'm not going to win concerning the API.. :whistle:

I'm not trying to be difficult (honest!). I love your other thread starter add-ons and would like to purchase this also, but I wonder if it would be possible to do a check on the game title prior to it creating the new thread to see whether it already exists, and if so merge the entry?

Seems like a better idea than trying to re-invent the wheel.

I'm not trying to be difficult (honest!), but I wonder if it would be possible to do a check on the game title prior to it creating the new thread to see whether it already exists, and if so merge the entry?
The thread starter already checks the game ID. If a thread exists for the game ID, any comments entered are merged into the existing thread.

The game ID is used because many sites have multiple areas for platforms and want multiple threads, one for each platform.

The thread starter already checks the game ID. If a thread exists for the game ID, any comments entered are merged into the existing thread.

The game ID is used because many sites have multiple areas for platforms and want multiple threads, one for each platform.
I'm aware that it is merged on game ID (having tested this on your site) :)

The main reason for requesting this is for smaller communities that have a single "video gaming" area. I don't really mind if you don't wish to include the option, this is more of an enquiry to see whether it is possible.. (y) I'd be happy to purchase and look at customising it.

I'm aware that it is merged on game ID (having tested this on your site) :)

The main reason for requesting this is for smaller communities that have a single "video gaming" area. I don't really mind if you don't wish to include the option, this is more of an enquiry to see whether it is possible.. (y) I'd be happy to purchase and look at customising it.
Anything is possible. ;)

BUT, the game ID is also used because it's known before the game title is obtained from TGDb and can be checked without using a precious API query (queries are limited by TGDb).

can be checked without using a precious API query (queries are limited by TGDb).
Good call. May have to re-think my plan (again).. :LOL:

I'm still leaning toward a purchase simply because the quotes I've had for a custom job to use a different API seem extortionate! o_O

Games
I can see I'm not going to win concerning the API.. :whistle:

I'm not trying to be difficult (honest!). I love your other thread starter add-ons and would like to purchase this also, but I wonder if it would be possible to do a check on the game title prior to it creating the new thread to see whether it already exists, and if so merge the entry?

Seems like a better idea than trying to re-invent the wheel.
This addon I'm actually enjoying on my new project. Makes it much easier to add game content etc as seen in sample here Games . Are you having trouble with signing up on game database?

This addon I'm actually enjoying on my new project. Makes it much easier to add game content etc as seen in sample here Games . Are you having trouble with signing up on game database?
Oh I agree completely, as above I have the Movie, TV, and Music thread starter add-ons already purchased.. :D

I'm not having trouble, the database source just doesn't fit my "ideal" scenario (spoiler'd to avoid further off-topic-ness)..
A single gaming node instead of a node for each platform. The other database source I mentioned earlier in thread caters for this better, as there is a single entry per game for all platforms rather than an entry per game per platform.

As mentioned, I'll likely proceed with purchasing this at some point and go with the node per platform approach to accommodate.

Oh I agree completely, as above I have the Movie, TV, and Music thread starter add-ons already purchased.. :D

I'm not having trouble, the database source just doesn't fit my "ideal" scenario (spoiler'd to avoid further off-topic-ness)..
A single gaming node instead of a node for each platform. The other database source I mentioned earlier in thread caters for this better, as there is a single entry per game for all platforms rather than an entry per game per platform.

As mentioned, I'll likely proceed with purchasing this at some point and go with the node per platform approach to accommodate.
That's actually a cool idea. Maybe it might be added in future. Anyhow best of luck with your site :)

WARNING: This add-on needs to be updated for XenForo 2.1.0 due to changes in XenForo 2.1.0. It will not work with XenForo 2.1.0 at this time. It will work with XenForo 2.0.x.

WARNING: This add-on needs to be updated for XenForo 2.1.0 due to changes in XenForo 2.1.0. It will not work with XenForo 2.1.0 at this time. It will work with XenForo 2.0.x.
I'm waiting a bit to update my version on xf2 most my add-ons still setup for 2.0

Snog updated Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.7

An update to the Game Thread Starter for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Game info not being displayed in forum thread list for UiX2 and PixelExit styles
  • Change - Add support for XenForo 2.1
NOTE: While I've added support for XenForo 2.1, there is no guarantee the changes will continue to work. If something changes in 2.1 there may be more updates needed.

Read the rest of this update entry...

There's a small inconsistency with this and your other thread starter add-ons.

With this, the watch button and moderator options are between the game info and the first reply. On your others, these are between the thread title and the movie/show/music info.

There's a small inconsistency with this and your other thread starter add-ons.

With this, the watch button and moderator options are between the game info and the first reply. On your others, these are between the thread title and the movie/show/music info.
It's not an inconsistency, it's a difference in the way the Game thread starter works and the other thread starters and is intentional by design.

Top Bottom