[FS] Important Posts [Paid] [Deleted]

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
Jeremy submitted a new resource:

[FS] Important Posts - Bookmark the Important

This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo, Ltd.

Have you ever announced anything on your forum and a lengthy discussion ensued? Where you have posted several important answers to questions or updates? Well, Important Posts is here to help with information discovery.

What Is Important Posts?

Overall, Important Posts provides a bookmark system for important posts within a thread and is viewed as such:
View attachment 116370

The ability to mark posts as Important is...

Read more about this resource...

Can it be set on/off by node? ie. i want it active in nodes x,y, and z but not active in nodes a,b, and c?

It is controlled by permission, so yes. Revoke the permissions in a, b, and c and it won't be available.

@Jeremy getting a server error when reading posts:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'dressedw_forumdb.xf_fs_important_posts' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in FS/ImportantPosts/Model/Post.php at line 9
    FS_ImportantPosts_Model_Post->getImportantPosts() in FS/ImportantPosts/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 8
    FS_ImportantPosts_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 559
    CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Andy/UserAgent/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 8
    Andy_UserAgent_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dressedw/public_html/index.php at line 13

Run the following query:
Code:
                CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_fs_important_posts` (
                 `thread_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
                 `post_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
                 `title` longtext  NOT NULL,
                 PRIMARY KEY (`thread_id`,`post_id`)
                ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Not sure why the table didn't create... (I used it to install on Dentel.zone)

Run the following query:
Code:
                CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_fs_important_posts` (
                 `thread_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
                 `post_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
                 `title` longtext  NOT NULL,
                 PRIMARY KEY (`thread_id`,`post_id`)
                ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Not sure why the table didn't create... (I used it to install on Dentel.zone)
Working now. Thanks.

@Jeremy Chris' Change Thread Starter is bleeding over into your menu

1.webp

Also, why does it only allow me to mark the OP in the thread as important after I've already marked another post as important?

The system shouldn't be allowing the first post in a thread to be marked as important.

Posts marked as important can be viewed in a list by the user? How does that look?

Yes, it is user-viewable. The screenshot in the description shows the overall appearance.

That shows a list of important posts within a thread, or all posts marked important on a page? Screenshot doesn't give that much away.

Top Bottom