Frozen Fruit or Fresh Fruit for Smoothies? 🍓🍎🍌🍏🥝🥭

Frozen Fruit or Fresh Fruit for Smoothies? 🍓🍎🍌🍏🥝🥭

• Total voters
Frozen fruits are generally more vitaminized than fresh. Fresh fruits gradually lose their benefits, especially vitamins, as they are stored and transported. While frozen fruits, especially when they are processed immediately after picking, keep all their vitamins intact.

Frozen fruits are generally more vitaminized than fresh. Fresh fruits gradually lose their benefits, especially vitamins, as they are stored and transported. While frozen fruits, especially when they are processed immediately after picking, keep all their vitamins intact.
Amazing information!

I pick/buy fresh fruit and then freeze it at home.

We have a patch of wild blackberries which I have been tending and expanding over the years and we get so much fruit I have to freeze it so it doesn't go to waste.
This lot took 1 minute to pick.

blackberries.webp

A tip for freezing soft fruit such as berries, to stop them clumping, is to spread them out on a baking tray or similar and freeze them.
Once frozen they can be put in a freezer bag and won't stick together.

Frozen bananas turn smoothies into something more like ice cream or froyo.

We have a patch of wild blackberries
Send me some by PM ! I haven't eaten it for so long!! Here, on the other hand, it's the start of the mango season, I have 3 mango trees at home and I don't know what to do with the mangoes anymore, there are so many mango trees in the region that you can't even give away the mangoes, people refuse them! So some dry them and keep them for the low season.

I pick/buy fresh fruit and then freeze it at home.

We have a patch of wild blackberries which I have been tending and expanding over the years and we get so much fruit I have to freeze it so it doesn't go to waste.

View attachment 269906

A tip for freezing soft fruit such as berries, to stop them clumping, is to spread them out on a baking tray or similar and freeze them.
Once frozen they can be put in a freezer bag and won't stick together.

Frozen bananas turn smoothies into something more like ice cream or froyo.
Oh my god that is amazing! Man I live In NY and don’t have the ability to grow my own. But that is cool man! You have to show us one day when you go picking. That stuff motivates and is cool to see people embarking on life. I try to get away from all this tech stuff as much as I can.

and would take me about 15 seconds to eat. :p

Takes me forever to fill a container up when picking them.... one for the container, 5 or me, 1 for the container, 5 for me. Rinse and repeat until stomach starts complaining or until I get one that a stink bug has been playing on.

Nice. We used have raspberries right next to one of the buildings at cottage (as well as several patches along the private road leading to it). I have some at home but they are in a bad spot and I am not sure where I would move them to. Get very few berries so we mostly leave them for the birds.

With adult smoothies (margaritas) if the fruit is frozen, you don't need ice (added water). When using fresh you need ice. So I always freeze my fruit for margs.
shooting star GIF

To avoid a lot of the wild blackberries going to waste, I put some signs up on the greenway which we back on to, advertising free wild blackberries.

I'm pleased to say that many people have taken up the offer to pop into the back garden and grab some.

Top Bottom