• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

From Forum to Admin CP to Forum - Opens new window - Why?

Netsultants

I'm wondering why it's designed like this or is there a setting to change?

When looking at my forum I click the link to go to "Admin Control Panel". I could see it might make sense to open the Admin CP in a new window. That way you could just close it when done. But, what is the thought for opening a new window to go back to the forum once done with admin section?

Dean

Not sure what the reasoning is, but I appreciate that immensely.

Generally people are either going from the forum to the admincp, or the admincp to the forum. And once they have 2 tabs open it makes no sense to me to click on the icons that would once again get them to the tabs already open.

Dean

But does it matter which opens when? If you are in one, then it will open the other in a 2nd window/tab. Once there are 2 window/tabs open then why click on the buttons?

Netsultants

To me it does as I usually have several tabs open in my browser window.
One of my tabs is my forum. When I'm in the forum if need to do something in the admin section I click the link and it opens in the same window. When done in the admin section and I want to go back to my forum it's now in a separate window. So it's not streamlined the way I work. It's not a huge deal, it's just counter intuitive. If working in admin requires a new window then I would think it would be the first button you click, not the last. But, I guess if you normally start in the admin section and then check your board it would be right.