1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free themes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Artisticy, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artisticy

Artisticy New Member

Hey, I can't get free themes. It says they're un available. I can only get the ones that cost. Why is this?
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

What is the link to your site?
  3. Artisticy

Artisticy New Member

Oh I don't have a site yet. Was thinking of getting it all before I start.
  4. Adam Howard

Sorry, downloads are for customers only.

But with being a customer you also get a lot of other free goodies as well :)
  5. Artisticy

Artisticy New Member

Ohh, didnt know that. K, thanks.
  6. rtainc

rtainc New Member

So can we somehow sign up without yet purchasing the software? I'm saving up.
  7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

You are signed up, welcome to the forums, you're just limited on the resources you can download until you own the software(rightfully so). Without the software it would be sort of pointless to download anything.
  8. Sway

Sway Active Member

I thought you already had a XF Forum. No?
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  9. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

I thought it was XF too and then I thought it must be branding free XF but then I saw this in the footer:
    iConomy is based on a plugin by Nijikokun

Not XF at all, just a plugin that looks like it. :rolleyes:
  10. Adam Howard

Debug info ID's it as XenForo

1. library/XenForo/Autoloader.php
    2. library/XenForo/Application.php
    Continues.... (not going to add it all... long enough)
    Sway likes this.
  11. Miner

Miner Well-Known Member

Wow i thought its XF, hmm i got fooled for second, until i read your post!:ROFLMAO:
  12. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

It IS Xenforo from the looks of it. It's running xenporta - you can see the credit link on the main homepage:

Miner likes this.
  13. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

14. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Or they have a valid license. Why not report it via the contact form instead of assuming foul play?

Besides, they copyright notice at the bottom is probably related to the software they distribute, not the forum it self. To top it off, there is a month between the last post and the link. Gotta love the internet police.....
  15. MagnusB

It wasn't directed at you, it just annoys me when people assume everything cause of some minor details. I know I would be pissed if I was accused, and I have seen people being accused just because they bought copyright removal. Also having these accusations in public forums aren't exactly good PR for xF as a company.
    melbo likes this.
  16. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Unrelated to this thread but when I think of cranky pants I think of a person, walking down the street and you know the sound of of those squeaky Bycycles or creaky gates and with each step they take. *squeak* *squeak* *squeak* *stops walking checking around if people are watching* *slowly walks* *squeak* *gets paranoid* *squeak* *squeak* *squeak**squeak* *squeak* *squeak**squeak* *squeak* *squeak**squeak* *squeak* *squeak* *whilst picking up the pace*

vVv likes this.
  17. MagnusB

My pants doesn't squeak today, I oiled them yesterday :coffee:

In this thread there is a month between the poster asked a question about downloading themes, and said he was saving up to buy xF, until the link appeared. I do not know all the details, but these things should be handled in private, not public forums.
    Shelley likes this.
  18. vVv

vVv Guest

Doh, didn't even compare dates haha. But yeah you're right... :) ;) *dumb blond moments/or lack of coffee/liquor moments* lmfao
  19. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

As you are running XenForo, do not forget to associate your forum user name with your license here: http://xenforo.com/customers/forum-users to receive support and access to resources.
    Adam Howard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.