Free Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

thank you

is it visibile only on the app or on desktop too?
The app only (it's not an actual thread, it's a listing in the app); also the what's new screen above and the visibly similar 'alerts' and 'watching' screens, as well as the buttons at the top and bottom, photo posting, and the page number navigation, are not part of the webview, they are native app controls.

Last edited:
@tommydamic68 I understand it can be confusing; the what's new screen above is a native app page, it is not part of the webview (what is referred to commonly as a wrapper). The center of the screenshot in the OP is a webview, sandwiched between two native menus, so it's a hybrid.

Is 2.0 still a "wrapper" type app?
im very surprised people still hang up on this, and looking for native app

native app would mean 95% of your mods wont work, and people will just use mobile browser, this "wrapper" is an app that force certain theme you design to be launched from the app, means you can design it to "look" like an app AND make sure all your mods is working...furthermore, you get push notifications, i am very surprised this app isnt much more utilized by forums

god knows i had problems with vbresults when this thing started, publicly...but he fixed everything and supported us till this tool became the best forum tool for an app, i do agree that @RobinHood is right and it needs member side push settings...and MAYBE a native app theme for forums that wont have the tools to design their own

but other than that, this is perfect lol

im very surprised people still hang up on this, and looking for native app

native app would mean 95% of your mods wont work, and people will just use mobile browser, this "wrapper" is an app that force certain theme you design to be launched from the app, means you can design it to "look" like an app AND make sure all your mods is working...furthermore, you get push notifications, i am very surprised this app isnt much more utilized by forums

god knows i had problems with vbresults when this thing started, publicly...but he fixed everything and supported us till this tool became the best forum tool for an app, i do agree that @RobinHood is right and it needs member side push settings...and MAYBE a native app theme for forums that wont have the tools to design their own

but other than that, this is perfect lol
My website is not heavily "moded" as some others are. I try to keep my forum performing efficiently and simple, with that being said, a "wrapper" type mobile app is exactly that, a "wrapper." I want the goodies that are inside and I want them 100% mobile friendly like Tapatalk, but without the TT mayhem and its owners...;)

@king8084 In-app alert settings (as opposed to admin-side) are coming in 2.1; a (completely optional) app style is something we're looking into for admins who prefer a completely immersive app experience over a style they have not customized much if at all.

My website is not heavily "moded" as some others are. I try to keep my forum performing efficiently and simple, with that being said, a "wrapper" type mobile app is exactly that, a "wrapper." I want the goodies that are inside and I want them 100% mobile friendly like Tapatalk, but without the TT mayhem and its owners...;)
but then you will have the exact same look/feel of aother 100 forums...no personal touch

if i understand correctly, @vbresults is bringing more and more native things into the app, in my version now there is a native posting, and in 2.0 i believe native new feed as well as new buttons will be introduced

this is all opinions, but as someone who wants full control over how his forum look inside the app, this is the only real solution for me

@vbresults I have a quick question, i'm not sure if my site going to be approved by apple or not because it's mainly a PS3 modding site, I would like also to ask about the full paid app, what's the plan for $29 is it monthly or annual price?

@Cyb3r Answered in the paid version's thread here. Separately from that, I'd like to make a note here -- both the free and paid apps are full.

The free app is not reduced in functionality, it works exactly the same as the paid version, except the free version has ads and public support (more on the latter in a few minutes).

Top Bottom