Free Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

Thanks for the quick reply, this is still just a wrapper type app as when first created? (as mentioned, "compared to Tapatalk.")
It is almost exactly the same app as TMA, so yes. I made the comparison with Tapatalk in regards to not paying for it; that said, in 2.0 TMA (and by extension FMA since the code is 99% the same), will have more native features than the current quick posting/replying/conversations, alerts and sharing.

If I am publishing this myself, since there is an area for that, why does there need to be any review of my account?

What is the reason for the "used Tapatalk for more than 45 days in the last year" restriction?

Approximately how long is the review process to see if you are approved? If I apply, and decide to publish myself, for a free download I'd almost expect it to be same day, at absolute latest the next day.

Can I register and have this ready for an upcoming project? I might not want to use this on my current one, but I have another I'm thinking of doing. Would I have to have the forum up and fully running before applying? Could I just open it, have my one account, build my site around this app? Or build site, then apply, then work out the issues?

If I apply, and for whatever reason my application happens to be denied, what happens to the information I've submitted? Site name, url, etc?

Finally, if I use another site that has this running, and happen to not like it, or is not what is expected and leave a review, if it's not a 5* review are you going to point that out in my subsequent posts when asking questions about items that may have changed or been corrected (as you unprofessionally did with a review earlier)? Things do change and get updated. I see it all the time on the Play store. I've rated things 1* and as the app grew and got updated, my review score for it improved. I've never had a developer question my review in this manner, much less post it on their forum, my forum, or any other community they were a part of.... calling me out on it. All have taken the critique and suggestion for what it was and worked to better the app. Either way, just came across as a backhanded attempt to discredit someone's questioning of how this new free app process works.

I'm very interested in a mobile solution for my community, I just have some questions, as well as quite a few concerns with this app.

Last edited:
If I am publishing this myself, since there is an area for that, why does there need to be any review of my account?
It is an add-on + app + service, not just an add-on. Some who are ineligible (or downright illegal) can and will sign up, regardless of what is required; we've had licensed warez forums sign up for the paid app and cause lots of trouble.

Everything taken into consideration, a manual review is necessary regardless of the publishing type, especially since this is free.
What is the reason for the "used Tapatalk for more than 45 days in the last year" restriction?
The goal is to see this build out on it's own, not grow by siphoning customers from Tapatalk. This is very important at the beta stage to determine the viability of the program long-term.
Approximately how long is the review process to see if you are approved? If I apply, and decide to publish myself, for a free download I'd almost expect it to be same day, at absolute latest the next day.
This is manually processed, and it is free. Except in isolated cases, like Brogan's request, this cannot happen same/next-day. Oct 18 edit: The review process takes 1 week or less.
Can I register and have this ready for an upcoming project? I might not want to use this on my current one, but I have another I'm thinking of doing. Would I have to have the forum up and fully running before applying? Could I just open it, have my one account, build my site around this app? Or build site, then apply, then work out the issues?
Yes, the forum needs to be running -- you have to install the add-on in order to proceed to the app store submission.
If I apply, and for whatever reason my application happens to be denied, what happens to the information I've submitted? Site name, url, etc?
Your application is handled manually (this is in contrast to the paid version which works differently); if your application is denied, the only place it resides is the registration system where it is deleted. When your application is accepted, it is used to create your new account.
Finally, if I use --
PM sent.
I'm very interested in a mobile solution for my community, I just have some questions, as well as quite a few concerns with this app.
No problem, you posted some very good questions.

Last edited:

If a person was to publish the add-on themselves, with their own accounts, why is there an approval process? I don't see that you would have any liability.

Does this 'free' app, that can be published myself, still require some kind of license validation and/or callback?

If so, why?

I used to use tapatalk when I was on phpbb. I now use XenForo for my forum so am I still egligble? I applied. Also, after the 2 months when the beta is over, will the app still remain free?

So the only differences are:

• Free
  • Ad supported (vglink on content)

A question... Vglinks are enabled on the fly viewing forum on mobile or are visible on desktop, too?

In case I want to transfer the app on my App Store account (iOS and Android):

It can be done?
is there a fee?

I used to use tapatalk when I was on phpbb. I now use XenForo for my forum so am I still egligble? I applied. Also, after the 2 months when the beta is over, will the app still remain free?
If you weren't using it on xF within that time period then you are ok :) FMA is always free, including after the beta; we already have a paid version (TMA).
So the only differences are:

• Free
  • Ad supported (vglink on content)

A question... Vglinks are enabled on the fly viewing forum on mobile or are visible on desktop, too?
Exactly, same app. Note, we are in an early stage right now and have revised the advertising part -- dropped viglink in place of non-intrusive banner ads. Our Viglink ad system is now disabled in 1.x because of this, so ads will not be seen until 2.0, screenshots coming soon.
So there are ads on the free app?
Yes
In case I want to transfer the app on my App Store account (iOS and Android):

It can be done?
is there a fee?
We have made provisions so that we are able to transfer out apps to forums' accounts, so technically it can be done. We also have DIY and Enterprise for the paid version which host on your accounts, so some time down the line we can connect these two dots (with a fee, as you said).

Last edited:
They're not big and they are not intrusive either. Will upload screenshots soon, keep an eye on this thread :)

As stated above screenshots will be uploaded soon. Even with ads it's still free. It's not costing you anything is it? Well then since the answer will be no then technically it is free.

Top Bottom