[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

Sorry I don't understand why you're focusing on xf 2 which is still in beta and far far on most people's radar vs supporting your existing customers on the official XF.

I'm probably going to be one of the first to migrate to xf 2 but realistically that won't happen until I see some feature parity with several key addons that I use.

I know you have to juggle resources but addressing usability concerns that would also impact xf 2 to me ranks higher than supporting a platform that most customers won't be on for a few months.

We are supporting existing customers on XenForo and a lot of them have told us that they're already ready to migrate on XF 2.0 and are waiting for ForumApps to be available in beta atleast, so they can upgrade as soon as it's out.
The other feature, login-less access is also something that 3 customers are waiting for. 2 of them have already been testing internally and haven't released their apps until this feature is out because it is crucial for their forums.

That is why these are a priority for us right now. We have very limited resources and that is why we onboard users in limited number.

You just lost me as a customer right there...a bug thats been reported since may 2017 and you say you wont fix it now and want to work on xf2 stuff that sir is not acceptable for your paying customers.
Please try to understand what happened here. It was reported in May along with several others. We fixed a majority of it in May and June itself. We spent considerable amount of time on this issue as well but we couldn't fix it because we had infinite scrolling of posts inside a thread. We conveyed the issue. We worked on addressing compatibility issues with addons and on-boarding customers and Nik emailed me 2 weeks ago asking me for a solution. We had already began working on those 2 issues and it is a tedious process for us to rollback all the changes made across 3 different codebases and add a feature and roll it out to our customers.

We will definitely be addressing this in the XF2 build and add support for it in XF 1.5 build as soon as we release it.

We are supporting existing customers on XenForo and a lot of them have told us that they're already ready to migrate on XF 2.0 and are waiting for ForumApps to be available in beta atleast, so they can upgrade as soon as it's out.
The other feature, login-less access is also something that 3 customers are waiting for. 2 of them have already been testing internally and haven't released their apps until this feature is out because it is crucial for their forums.

That is why these are a priority for us right now. We have very limited resources and that is why we onboard users in limited number.

This was reported to you 6 months ago. Not 6 days or weeks. Half a year ago. I'm shocked no one else is complaining. I can't use my own app largely because of this. That and the fact there's a pagination bar blocking real estate on one page threads but that's a different problem.

We had listed it as a priority but we can't push out a release before we make the rest of the project stable.
IMG_1672.webp

We had listed it as a priority but we can't push out a release before we make the rest of the project stable.
View attachment 161262

Look Aayush, I'm honestly not trying to be a pain in the backside here. I've devoted considerable time to debugging various problems with the app as have you, I remember we spent hours remoted to my workstation to figure out issues. Not mentioning the monthly subs. I'm trying to be a critical long term customer who up until now has been relatively quiet.

You need to communicate better. You can't reprioritize stuff without communicating it and at the same time tell me you're working on the issue. You also should never blame your customers for not following up on your issues as a matter of principle (albeit we all do it).

Please take these notes as an indication that one of your original customers doesn't feel like they're getting value at the moment.

As for the app, I have a huge improvement list but I'm not even going to go there until some basic usability is addressed.

I hope this will improve or at the very least I hope I'll be happier with this app.

Look Aayush, I'm honestly not trying to be a pain in the backside here. I've devoted considerable time to debugging various problems with the app as have you, I remember we spent hours remoted to my workstation to figure out issues. Not mentioning the monthly subs. I'm trying to be a critical long term customer who up until now has been relatively quiet.

You need to communicate better. You can't reprioritize stuff without communicating it and at the same time tell me you're working on the issue. You also should never blame your customers for not following up on your issues as a matter of principle (albeit we all do it).

Please take these notes as an indication that one of your original customers doesn't feel like they're getting value at the moment.

As for the app, I have a huge improvement list but I'm not even going to go there until some basic usability is addressed.

I hope this will improve or at the very least I hope I'll be happier with this app.

I hear you. Let me talk to my team tomorrow and I'll update you on this.

1. I hear you. Let me talk to my team tomorrow and I'll update you on this.
Great. Keep in mind this happens not only for reply alerts but post likes and I suspect most thread or post level alerts. Only place it seems to work correctly is conversations.

Great. Keep in mind this happens not only for reply alerts but post likes and I suspect most thread or post level alerts. Only place it seems to work correctly is conversations.

Am I understanding correctly that notifications don't take you to the correct content?

The only important thing that an app can do over a mobile style is push notifications. And they don't work properly? Surely that's priority number 1 after security? If Apple ever got web push stuff working well there's no way we'd ever even consider an app.

Am I understanding correctly that notifications don't take you to the correct content?

The only important thing that an app can do over a mobile style is push notifications. And they don't work properly? Surely that's priority number 1 after security? If Apple ever got web push stuff working well there's no way we'd ever even consider an app.
They take you to the correct content but the last part, scrolling to highlight the post is what that is needed.

They take you to the correct content but the last part, scrolling to highlight the post is what that is needed.

Right. For example a reply notification will take me to the correct thread but first post meaning I have to scroll to then locate the last reply typically by pagination and scrolling. This becomes a big issue on multi page threads as you can imagine. Same for post likes I noticed.

Last edited:

Checked and discussed this with the team, they said they'll need about 14 days to add this. So this should be ready by 20-21st November.

Announcement:

We have decided to stop accepting new orders from users who do not have their own Apple Developer account in order to avoid any potential backlash from Apple and protect the apps of existing customers which are hosted in our account.

Going forward you are requested to have your own developer accounts before buying ForumApps. The costs for the same are as follows:
Apple App Store: $99/yr
Google Play Store: $25/one-time

For existing customers who have their apps hosted on our developer accounts, your apps will continue to be live with our account unless you choose to transfer them to your own accounts.

Is there a list of features not yet developed that are expected of a mobile app/ bugs? For example like clicking on a notification doesnt take you to the mentioned post but to the last post. I see a host of bugs on rpnations site but cant tell if they have been fixed. I'm interested but only willing to pay up the initial cost of dev acts, setup fees etc once I know what im in for. I believe others would be in the same case.

Is there a list of features not yet developed that are expected of a mobile app/ bugs? For example like clicking on a notification doesnt take you to the mentioned post but to the last post. I see a host of bugs on rpnations site but cant tell if they have been fixed. I'm interested but only willing to pay up the initial cost of dev acts, setup fees etc once I know what im in for. I believe others would be in the same case.

Some of the things that we are looking to implement in the near term are:
1. Guest access to the app
2. XenForo 2 support
3. Ability to open any page inside the app which is on your website with the help of seamless login, so that you don't have to login twice
4. Two-factor authentication
5. Social Login with Facebook, Twitter and Google
6. Improved deep-linking support for better search engine presence
7. Native support for Media Gallery and Resources

Most of the bugs(I'd say 99%) on RPNation site are fixed as soon as they are discovered. We have a very quick turnaround time for their reported bugs. They have a very active community and they have allowed us to get in touch with the community members directly to resolve issues.

You can download the official ForumApps app from the Play Store and iOS App Store to test them for yourself.

Also what does 'branding' entail.
The branding is "Powered by ForumApps" in 4 places. Please see the attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1508725524.webp
    Screenshot_1508725524.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_1508725532.webp
    Screenshot_1508725532.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_1508725585.webp
    Screenshot_1508725585.webp
    92.1 KB · Views: 16
Some of the things that we are looking to implement in the near term are:
1. Guest access to the app
2. XenForo 2 support
3. Ability to open any page inside the app which is on your website with the help of seamless login, so that you don't have to login twice
4. Two-factor authentication
5. Social Login with Facebook, Twitter and Google
6. Improved deep-linking support for better search engine presence
7. Native support for Media Gallery and Resources

Most of the bugs(I'd say 99%) on RPNation site are fixed as soon as they are discovered. We have a very quick turnaround time for their reported bugs. They have a very active community and they have allowed us to get in touch with the community members directly to resolve issues.

You can download the official ForumApps app from the Play Store and iOS App Store to test them for yourself.

Hi,

And an option to disable ads for connected members to encourage them to participate and generate content.

Right. For example a reply notification will take me to the correct thread but first post meaning I have to scroll to then locate the last reply typically by pagination and scrolling. This becomes a big issue on multi page threads as you can imagine. Same for post likes I noticed.
Nik,
Just had a look at both iOS and Android apps and we've implemented what you requested across both notifications and alert list inside the app for posts. We will be releasing this by Monday or Tuesday.

Nik,
Just had a look at both iOS and Android apps and we've implemented what you requested across both notifications and alert list inside the app for posts. We will be releasing this by Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks. Will keep an eye out for the update.

Top Bottom