[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

XenAtendo would be great as events are key to my community. Even if there's only event creation within the app to begin with. With each event has a normal forum thread associated with it, so the events can still be viewed in the normal forum format.

Until native integration is added for add ons like these or static web pages on other parts of the forum; is it possible to link to those parts of the site from the app menu leading to a web wrapper in the app just for those sections? So at least users can view the responsive version of them? As the responsive versions are all perfectly usable.
Started a conversation with you to discuss this.

I am really humbled by the love XenForo community has given to ForumApps and also the members of several communities that are using ForumApps. After deploying ForumApps on a lot of forums, I wanted to share the tremendous amount of positive response from real community members using ForumApps.

View attachment 153595

These users were using the web based implementation of the XenForo apps earlier from one of our competitors. The forum owner made the switch to ForumApps recently and noted the difference. The users could really feel the difference in speed and user experience as we anticipated.

View attachment 153596
These responses are two of several 1000s of users using ForumApps on a daily basis.​

Superior Adoption Rate
The community members really wanted apps on iOS and Android with push notifications and sleek user interface leading to a striking adoption rate. We've gathered some stats and would love to share them with you.

If you're still not convinced to take your community to the next level and use ForumApps in all your communities, drop me a PM telling me what is stopping you. Me and my team will help resolve any of the doubts that you have in your mind.

The users are really giving the app good reviews. They are looking forward to more functionality being built into the app as it grows more, they are really impressed with the speed and quality so far too.

Dan

The users are really giving the app good reviews. They are looking forward to more functionality being built into the app as it grows more, they are really impressed with the speed and quality so far too.

Dan
Thanks for the wonderful feedback Dan. We are keeping a close eye on your feedback thread and we are working on adding more and more features that the community of our existing partners are requesting. :)

Reactions: rdn
Will this addon/app work fine with an already established OneSignal Web Push?
We haven't tested it with OneSignal Web Push, but our code is mostly isolated but at the same time follows XenForo best practices of extending classes. So our Alerts class is an extension of the default XenForo Alert class. I'm pretty sure that it won't interfere with your addon.

For anyone wondering our compatibility with OneSignal Web Push. I've inspected the code and have found that it's being poorly written and a lot of code is being copied from the XF source in the overridden function instead of calling the parent function. This might break the functioning of all addons that rely on Alerts. We can apply a quick fix for users who are using OneSignal Push notification and want to use ForumApps to native push notifications in apps.

Thanks, it worked. I'm new to TAZ.

Not a problem. :)

For anyone wondering our compatibility with OneSignal Web Push. I've inspected the code and have found that it's being poorly written and a lot of code is being copied from the XF source in the overridden function instead of calling the parent function. This might break the functioning of all addons that rely on Alerts. We can apply a quick fix for users who are using OneSignal Push notification and want to use ForumApps to native push notifications in apps.

Perhaps you can post some suggestions in the addons thread for the developer to fix. ;)

Keep an eye on the thread. Lots of new features coming out within the next 10 days. Here's a small teaser.
Screenshot_1500081542.webp

Now you can view forum without logging in.

Lots of new features coming out within the next 10 days.
Looks quite interesting, I was just wondering if there was any improvements occurring since the 1.0 release.

Something I haven't understood from reading through the thread ... if a user clicks a hyperlink in a thread that takes them to your site content/functionality that is not supported by the app, what happens? Does it launch that content/page in the users default browser on that device?

What about purchased upgrades? How are they handled/treated/revealed by the app? Or are they effectively ignored?

Are all user group permissions inherited/respected by the app, constraining the user from functions that they would also be constrained if using desktop or mobile web?

Last edited:
For those that have implemented this app, are you seeing the additional revenue generated from this app covering the $20 month charges? Or are you treating it as a "loss leading" investment? Is there an ROI point where you loose investment in your site's non-forum content/functionality, and the in-app generated revenue doesn't cover the sum of the monthly charges + the revenue lost from other content areas?

Looks quite interesting, I was just wondering if there was any improvements occurring since the 1.0 release.
Yes.
We don't post updates here but we have published more than 7 updates with several improvements.

Something I haven't understood from reading through the thread ... if a user clicks a hyperlink in a thread that takes them to your site content/functionality that is not supported by the app, what happens? Does it launch that content/page in the users default browser on that device?
With the next update it would open a browser within the app to show the content.

What about purchased upgrades? How are they handled/treated/revealed by the app? Or are they effectively ignored?
Upgrades vary from forum to forum. User group permissions are incorporated so if a sponsor has access to read a certain forum, he will be able to do all that while the normal user would not be able to do the same.

Are all user group permissions inherited/respected by the app, constraining the user from functions that they would also be constrained if using desktop or mobile web?
Yes, user group permissions are followed in the app as well. If a user does not have permission to view a forum. He will not be able to see the same in the app.

For those that have implemented this app, are you seeing the additional revenue generated from this app covering the $20 month charges? Or are you treating it as a "loss leading" investment? Is there an ROI point where you loose investment in your site's non-forum content/functionality, and the in-app generated revenue doesn't cover the sum of the monthly charges + the revenue lost from other content areas?

A lot of our customers aren't active on XenForo forums, I'm waiting for authorization with them so I can release numbers on their behalf, but in short, if you have 100 DAU generating around 10000 impressions, you should be net flow positive within first 7 days of the month. With support for push notification. This should be very easy.

Top Bottom