[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

i was thinking that the price is to high... When you put one time reazonable pay maybe i will buy it...thank you.

"The price is too high"
"Only if you lower the price, I'd buy"

I've heard this a lot. Not only with ForumApps but with all the products that people sell. The price is always high. But guess what, some people still end up buying and benefitting.

Taking our most expensive plan, $35/mo, you would end up paying $420/yr. Sounds expensive?

Now, lets do some maths.

Let's say that everything is running smooth and Apple drops a new iOS update, rendering your existing app to be recompiled and optimized with the new software. Looks like, I'll pay $250 to get my app recompiled, fix any issues with the new iOS update. Now think! They release a new OS every year and here is Exhibit A.

IMG_5042.webp
But wait, theres a new iPhone and my app doesn't fit on the screen with the notch. Can we add another $250 for my notch issue or a device with a new resolution as an expense every year?

So far, $500. Saving $40 yearly already.

Hey wait! Did we forget Android? Android added notification channels in Oreo update(https://stackoverflow.com/questions...cation-channel-api-26-is-not-working-properly), and again the app has to be updated cause obviously, your users aren't going to stay on Android KitKat for their entire lives. Right?

Another $500?

Total $1000/yr in upkeep.

I see a fancy new addon on XenForo and I want my users to have it in ForumApps. Suppose it takes a week of work to develop the feature for one platform and you've got two platform. Taking a meagre hourly estimate of $25/hr(BTW the minimum wage of Australia is $17/hr), it would cost you $1000(40 hours * $25). Now add development costs for 2 apps, $2000 seems fair?

$3000/yr on the lower end, with only 1 addon per year.

Now imagine adding the cost of forum development, private conversations, push notifications, recent posts, XenForo 1 and XenForo 2 compatibility, complying with Apple and Google App Store policy for deploying apps on App Store. Going through multiple reviews and revisions to get the app published on the App Store. How much would you price that at?

$10,000? $20,000? $30,000?

Does it still sound expensive to you?

Announcement: No price lock-in guarantee.
Initially, we wanted people to try and believe in ForumApps and quite a lot of people did. A couple people were concerned that we will increase prices, once their users get addicted to using ForumApps. We made a promise that we won't do that. We will of course hold that promise and won't raise prices for existing customers.
However, starting today we stop guaranteeing any new customer that their price will be locked for lifetime with ForumApps. We will obviously give a generous grace period and a grand-fathered pricing, but there is no lifetime price lock-in anymore.

We believe that our price should be directly proportional to the value we provide. Actually, for whatever we price ForumApps at(TBA), we should deliver 10X the value to our partners and their forum audience.

Yes, constantly working towards a XF 2 release. Notifications on heavy traffic websites and a few bugs with recent posts we noticed a couple days ago are the only things that are finally remaining.

I'm interested in chatting with you when this comes on line for XF2 - we're in need of coming up with another solution to replace our existing app as it's no longer supported in XF2.

I'm interested in chatting with you when this comes on line for XF2 - we're in need of coming up with another solution to replace our existing app as it's no longer supported in XF2.
Which app are you using right now? Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Is the developer supporting customers in general?

Technical support through the internal ticket system is not available for the last 30 calendar days. Ignore all the questions. Today I wanted to cancel the subscription 35 $ monthly. When I try to enter the client's office, this message appears:
Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

Is the developer supporting customers in general?

Technical support through the internal ticket system is not available for the last 30 calendar days. Ignore all the questions. Today I wanted to cancel the subscription 35 $ monthly. When I try to enter the client's office, this message appears:
Can you login now? Send me your Ticket ID and I'll take a look at your ticket.

@Aayush Hello. Please correct the problem with the entrance to your account. Also I want to inform you that clients can not log into my forum because there is no connection to the server.

Hi @Aayush - is anyone answering support tickets for this? We have raised 3 tickets about the app - the last one [Ticket ID: 271565] - nobody replies to our questions ever since we paid. If we cannot get a reply/assistance to install the API we will require a refund.

Top Bottom