XF 1.4 Forum has become very unresponsive after 1.3.5

Valvar

Hello,

I am setting the prefix as 1.4, but my problems started already with 1.3.5 and I upgraded to 1.4.x beta to see if that would solve the problems. It did not. Neither me nor my host (nearlyfreespeech) have been able to identify the issue, despite trying a variety of things and cutting down the most resource-intensive services active (which included Cometchat and Taigachat) even though they were working perfectly fine earlier.
It seems to occur spontaneously and unpredictably, but it happens at least every few minutes and then stops pages from loading. Besides that all Javascript dialogues (like alerts, user panes, etc) are very sluggish (we sometimes have to wait for up to 20 seconds) and they used to be almost instant. Strangely enough pages seem to load more often in Firefox, although the issues with unresponsiveness still remains. It seems to affect the entire site (like the Cometchat control panel) and not just the forum software.
This is a serious problem for our forum, and I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could help us find a solution.

Last edited:
Top Bottom