[#] Forum Digest [Deleted]

I've tried this but looks like if you use anything that extends the thread, none of it works on digest mode.

Those add-ons will probably need to be updated to work with this one unfortunately. There isn't really a way around this.

@Waindigo

Please, tweak this add-on. It should be like this:

Classic view -> everywhere
Digest view -> just chosen root categories/forums.

At the moment it forces people to have the digest view on the main site if "default to digest view" is enabled. This is really annoying.
If "default to digest view" is disabled, all users must manually choose digest view but this is not handy.

Can you tell me at least which line of code do I need to change so the digest view is just enabled on root forums?

Your Master Forums add-on works fine, but I think you forgot to add an important option. Now, we just can have 1 master forum, not anywhere we want.

So both add-ons have a weakness. I think it can be solved quickly, just some minor changes. I can contribute to this also.

PS: And in future, when you have time. Maybe an option for admins that we can choose if we want that people can change from classic view to digest view. For example I want to force people to have the digest view where I want.

Please, tweak this add-on.
Your Master Forums add-on works fine, but I think you forgot to add an important option. Now, we just can have 1 master forum, not anywhere we want.
PS: And in future, when you have time. Maybe an option for admins that we can choose if we want that people can change from classic view to digest view. For example I want to force people to have the digest view where I want.
Please contact me at https://waindigo.org if you would like to discuss adding the above new features. Everything else you mentioned is already available, check out the options included in the add-on.

I have some members asking whether a customisable digest view is possible. They select the forums they want to appear in their personal digest. There would need to be a link to it somewhere prominent, I guess. Not sure where, though.
@Waindigo is this feasible? If so what would the cost be, please?

How can one have "Default to Digest View" checked "ON" yet have the front page default to Digest off?
I wish for all pages except front page to be in digest view.
Thanks.

Jon W updated Forum Digest by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 released

New features:
  • Added new option to "Show digest option in forum index".
  • "Show Digest Option in Forums" option changed so that unselected options no longer have digest view displayed if the "Default to digest view" option is selected.
  • "Indicate forum digest state in title" option now uses phrases for classic view and digest view, which can be easily changed if you only want to display one or the other.
  • Added option to "Allow digest state switching". Unchecking this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom