Forum Admin Forum is now Discuss Communities

Shawn Gossman

Forum Admin Forum is now Discuss Communities

Long ago, I ran a forum called Another Admin Forum or AAF (which was XF at it's end). I wasn't in a good phase of my life back then and I quit forums for a long time.

I've recently came back and trying to find my place again.

Every time I'd make a new forum, I remember AAF and I dearly missed it.

I can't get AAF back but I can make FAF :cool: and that's what I've done here.

It's an admin forum, powered by the best forum software, and my mission is to keep enjoying forums with others who enjoy forums.

Last edited:
Forum Admin Forum

Long ago, I ran a forum called Another Admin Forum or AAF (which was XF at it's end). I wasn't in a good phase of my life back then and I quit forums for a long time.

I've recently came back and trying to find my place again.

Every time I'd make a new forum, I remember AAF and I dearly missed it.

I can't get AAF back but I can make FAF :cool: and that's what I've done here.

It's an admin forum, powered by the best forum software, and my mission is to keep enjoying forums with others who enjoy forums.
Looks great! Good luck.

Glad you're feeling better, Shawn.

Unfortunately, your site still isn't loading. I get "The page isn’t redirecting properly" on Firefox.

You all still getting certificate errors?

My host says everything is fine. Every browser and proxy I look at shows the certificate without error.

Are you getting any particular error?

Even got the lock icon

1672147247178.webp

Curious, on Firefox, my main browser, it shows as unprotected, even with refreshing. However, on Edge and Chrome it shows a Let's Encrypt cert there and the padlock, so perhaps there's a caching issue with Firefox. I noticed weirdness like that when setting up my sites which eventually went away. I believe that the setup for your site is correct. :)

Note that FF is reporting that parts of the page aren't encrypted rather than the whole page.

Curious, on Firefox, my main browser, it shows as unprotected, even with refreshing. However, on Edge and Chrome it shows a Let's Encrypt cert there and the padlock, so perhaps there's a caching issue with Firefox. I noticed weirdness like that when setting up my sites which eventually went away. I believe that the setup for your site is correct. :)

Note that FF is reporting that parts of the page aren't encrypted rather than the whole page.
I used to use firefox and had issues with that same thing but that was years ago, I figure whatever I was having was fixed.

I've used Chrome forever now.

I'm going to look more into it to see why FF thinks some parts are not secure.

Maybe it's something I can fix!

Thank you.

It's possible that FF is actually more accurate in reporting an incompletely encrypted page than the other browsers. Not sure how to check this.

It's possible that FF is actually more accurate in reporting an incompletely encrypted page than the other browsers. Not sure how to check this.
I went to this site by Mozilla:

Put in my domain name and scanned it.

Got this as a response:

1672182561012.webp

I think Mozilla doesn't recognize "Let's Encrypt" as a trusted source. If so, that's odd. It's a reliable NPO-based certificate issuer that loads of websites use.

I could be wrong but that is what I suspect...

Top Bottom