XF 1.5 Forgot password not working

HobbsVT

Hi guys,

I don't know where I'm going wrong here ;/
I presume it's a plugin, but I've tried disabling them all (via admin panel) and requesting a new pw and still nothing...
I've also tried
$config['enableListeners'] = false; in config.php and then tried it but I still don't get anything.

It's not just limited to me either as I've been getting other complaints about users not getting emails

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Are you using the default PHP method or SMTP?

Are there any entries in the ACP error log relating to failed emails?

Do any members receive emails?

Yes it's the default settings
There are no error logs showing in admincp in relation to that
Last time I tested it they did receive emails, haven't done so lately.. Just been trying it via the forgot password option but I'm not getting anything

I can give you access if need be

Thanks for the reply

If you are using the default PHP mail function and there are no errors in the ACP, then this means the emails have been handed off to the server.

At that point XenForo is no longer involved so you would need to check the mail server log to see whether they are being sent or not.

Your host should be able to help with that if you are unsure how to check the log.

If they are being sent then it could be any number of reasons why they aren't being delivered.
This resource should help: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dealing-with-spam-filters.366/

Top Bottom