Force Unselectable Style Change [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Force Unselectable Style Change - Corrects the XF user table to contain proper style information

When a style is marked as unselectable in XenForo, the user information in the user table still contains the unselectable style ID for every user that used it.

This add-on corrects that by placing the site's default style ID into the user information for those users.

This can also be used to force everyone to use a new style. To do that, mark the new style as the default style and then mark every other style as unselectable. After than is completed, all users will be using the new style....

Read more about this resource...

Well, this add-on doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I have 10 selectable styles, and my xf_user table has 13 distinct style_ids (including style_id 0 which I understand means the default style). I've briefly changed which is the default style, but the 13 distinct style_ids stay unchanged.

Well, this add-on doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I have 10 selectable styles, and my xf_user table has 13 distinct style_ids (including style_id 0 which I understand means the default style). I've briefly changed which is the default style, but the 13 distinct style_ids stay unchanged.
The only way it will change all user's styles is as described in the add-on description....

This can also be used to force everyone to use a new style. To do that, mark the new style as the default style and then mark every other style as unselectable. After than is completed, all users will be using the new style.

Just changing the default style and not marking the others as unselectable will not change all user's styles.

Just changing the default style and not marking the others as unselectable will not change all user's styles.
I forgot to mention: I already have 7 unselectable styles.

So is there something I'm misunderstanding or is there an issue with the add-on? (I see no errors neither in my web server error log nor in the XF error log.)

I forgot to mention: I already have 7 unselectable styles.

So is there something I'm misunderstanding or is there an issue with the add-on? (I see no errors neither in my web server error log nor in the XF error log.)
I just went through all of the style combinations I can think of and the add-on works properly.

The way the add-on works is if you have style ID 12 marked as the default style and say 100 users are using style ID 10. You decide style ID 10 is no longer selectable. When you uncheck 'Allow User Selection' for style ID 10, then the 100 users are switched to style ID 12.

If you already have styles that are not selectable but possibly being used by some members, you need to toggle them as selectable and then again as unselectable to clear them out.

The easy way to switch all members to a new style...
1) Take your site offline (admin->options->board active)
2) Mark all styles as selectable
3) Choose the default style you want everyone to use
4) Mark all styles, except your default style, as unselectable (this is what sets the new style for everyone)
5) Mark all styles you want a user to be able to change to as selectable
6) Put your site back online.

At this point the style_id for all members should be either 0 or the style ID for your new default style.

Last edited:
If you already have styles that are not selectable but possibly being used by some members, you need to toggle them as selectable and then again as unselectable to clear them out.
Thank you for the explanation - this works! I toggled all the unselectable styles (from unselectable to selectable and back again), and now the style_ids in the database have been updated.

Top Bottom