[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot

[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot [Paid] 3.0.32

No permission to buy ($29.00)
From reading people's experience, it seems that FBHP has better capabilities than 1.4 has. Personally I would like to see FBHP continue as an enhancement to the now default 1.4 honeypot functions. it's nice that 1.4 comes with honeypots as standard, but some people might still want more and this addon provides it.

@tenants I really hope you will reconsider keeping this addon available, if not just for the function above and beyond the new core 1.4 function. I am biased though because I have 2 copies and have yet to install one of them :(

I just installed Xenforo V1.4.0, and this add-on is having some serious issues with that version. The new user registration of my forum is completely disabled. Now no one can register if the add-on is turned on.

I just installed Xenforo V1.4.0, and this add-on is having some serious issues with that version. The new user registration of my forum is completely disabled. Now no one can register if the add-on is turned on.
This has already been mentioned and discussed multiple times since the release of 1.4 Beta.

xenforo 1.4 - this add one has issues + never ending logs in server errors:

+ this:
bAnfw.png

should not have 2 x name

So what would be an alternative to this issue?

Reading the 5 posts previous to yours.

I completely understand people not reading or searching through all 35 pages of this thread.

I don't really understand people not reading the very last page to see if, maybe, a dozen other people have had your exact same issue.

The addon is not compatible with 1.4. You must uninstall it.

Oh I see so the addon does not work with 1.4? So what would be an alternative to this issue?
Addon was deprecated by the core having honeypots. I don't know of any other honeypot plugin. If you need more spam tools going to need to choose something else than honeypots.

1.4 introduces core honey pots, there is little point in also using FBHP with 1.4. There is an option in FBHP to use legacy mode (this avoids using template modifications and uses it's own template for registration), but I have no idea if this will correlate with the server side code (turn on fbhp legacy and try to register)... Or, try the honey pots using the core.

FBHP is unlikely to be updated to support XF > 1.4, since there will be very little need for it if you configure the core honey pots

Any thoughts about updating it to substitute for the integrated honeypots in order to maintain statistics/logs/history/etc.? I'm also mildly concerned that the honeypot fields in 1.4 are readily identifiable with the "leave this field blank" tag.

Top Bottom