[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot

[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot [Paid] 3.0.32

No permission to buy ($29.00)
I've checked the log and neither of their email addresses are present, so I've emailed them back to ask which address they used and what browser.

In the meantime I have a mass (over 5,000 since installing yesterday) of log entries for the IP address: 127.255.255.255 - which, as you'll know, is in the reserved local address range.

I think the solution may be outlined here - but could you confirm and let me know what needs changing to fix it. (y)

Thanks,
Shaun :D

The ZIP file of 1.0.10 doesn't contain the directory for the plugin as usual, so if a beginner installs it newly he will end up with e.g. Install.php inside the library directory.

NOTE: This add-on replaces the default registration form with its own registration form. If you've customised the default registration form (like I have) - you'll also need to apply your customisations to the foolbot reg form as well. (y)

This is true, there are no hooks in the registration template, and template_post_renderer wasn't a great option

So, this add-on does create a new template to for the custom registration page (this template can be update to include any further changes you need: Foolbothoneypot_register_form)

I was going to reply yesterday but your question isn't clear - what do you mean "at the same time captcha blocks them" ??

This add-on creates a number of hidden fields that bots see and humans don't - when these hidden fields are completed the add-on knows it is a bot registration and blocks it.

Captcha isn't affected by this add-on and is still used if you've enabled it in your ACP. (y)

tenants updated FoolBotHoneyPot: Spam Combat with a new update entry:

FoolBotHoneyPot v1.0.11 - More Logging Content and Registration Timer

• Since FoolBotHoneyPot currently catches 100% of bots that attempt to register via the registration page, I've increased the logging of content (to investigate bots further)
  • A Registration Timer option is now available to prevent bots / humans that register "too fast" ... this can be set to a low value that only a bot would likely complete
  • For every bot that is caught, the registration time is recorded
  • For every bot that is caught, the user_agent is recorded
  • For every bot that is caught, the port used is now also recorded
  • The server params are also recorded so various sent headers can be checked ...

Read the rest of this update entry...

More information about the bots can be seen at a glance of the logs:

moreLogInfo.webp

The Further Detailed Logs are now better layed out (and contain more information):

FurtherDetail1.webp

Options Now Contain a Minimum Registration Time:

minTime.webp

Hi

Just updated but getting this error when I click on a registration block entry.

bot.webp

Cheers

okay, I've left the previous version up... I'll look into this now

Are you getting this error for new logs, or just old logs?

Edit, yes it was missing a table column from the install...

You can use this attached install to upgrade (there is no need to change any other files)

Attachments

okay, I've left the previous version up... I'll look into this now

Are you getting this error for new logs, or just old logs?
It hasn't actually stopped/logged any since I updated. Which is a bit weird because I usually get them every 10 mins or so.

You can overwrite the existing install file, and update according to the end of this post (the update section is at the very end):
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/foolbothoneypot-spam-combat.1085/

The install file is located here:
library/FoolBotHoneyPot/Install.php

Or, you can just overwrite the entire folder with the 1.0.11b version
http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/thread...stering-with-a-custom-registration-page.1621/

(I've just updated it to include the fix for the install file, see below)

Top Bottom