Flexile Dark

Flexile Dark 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Introducing...

flexile-dark-title.webp

A new, fresh, innovative style for XenForo...

Flexile Dark has a clean, modern, "Web 2.0" look, and supports all of XenForo's rich styling features, including Style Properties and 2-click recoloring. It is a Dark variation of the popular Flexile style.

Notice: This style is now owned and maintained by @Audentio Design. For more on this change please see this post.

flexile-colors.webp

The PSD for the logo is included, but the font is not. It's called Museo Slab 500. Although I cannot redestribute it, you can download it for free here:
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/exljbris/museo-slab/500/

Screenshots

thread.webp forumview.webp flexile-dark.webp dropdown.webp

Usage Rights

You may...
  • Use the style freely and without restriction on any number of sites.
  • Modify the style to suit your site or needs, as long as you retain the branding/copyright notice ("Flexile Dark theme by Erik Swan"). This includes changing images, CSS edits, template edits, etc.
  • Credit yourself for any modifications, as long as you retain the original branding. (Ex: "Flexile Dark theme by Erik Swan modified by John Doe")
You may not...
  • Redistribute the style without my permission. This includes posting it on other websites, including other XenForo fan, addon, or modification sites.
  • Remove the theme branding without a branding-free license. The cost of a branding free license is $20 (see below for details).
  • Attempt to convert the style to other platforms or in any way copy the visual design of the style without my permission.
Installation Instructions

See the file included in the download. You should note that the process for installing Flexile Dark is a bit different than the process for Flexile. :)

Please click the Like button if you like this style or have installed it. :)

Please report all bugs or ask all questions in this thread. :)

Last edited:
FAQ

Please look for answers to your question here before you post a new reply to thread. I would also recommend searching the thread if you don't find your answer here. It's long, and may already contain an answer to your problem.

Q: What is the best way to customize the theme?
A: To make upgrading the style as easy as possible you should install the styles in a specific hierarchy. Please see this post for more information.

Q: How do I get the theme to work with the 8WayRun addons (XenPorta, etc.)?
A: Enable 8WayRun Support under Flexile > Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties.

Q: How do I use my own read and unread forum icons?
A: To use your own read and unread widgets, upload the new images as usual and then find this CSS in the node_list.css template:
Code:
    .node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconReadPath);
        background-color: @primaryLightish;
    }

.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconUnreadPath);
        background-color: @primaryMedium;
    }

Then remove the background-color line from each of those groups.

Thank you! Once I have some time to install this I'll be sending you some money for the branding-free option.

In the meantime, if anyone installs this please post a link! :)

Erik,

Ooh thats nice :)

One question about the install instructions - I already have Flexile installed - do you still need to install "style-Flexile.xml" before "style-Flexile-Dark.xml", or just as a child of the existing one?

Many thanks :)
Paul

Erik,

Ooh thats nice :)

One question about the install instructions - I already have Flexile installed - do you still need to install "style-Flexile.xml" before "style-Flexile-Dark.xml", or just as a child of the existing one?

Many thanks :)
Paul
No, you can just install it as a child of the existing Flexile. :)

Erik - Where do i edit the text where it says "This is a test of the content area. You can use the Style Properties system to put anything you want here."?? I have checked in style properties, however it must be too early in the morning for me as i cant find it :)

Thansk again
Paul

Erik - Where do i edit the text where it says "This is a test of the content area. You can use the Style Properties system to put anything you want here."?? I have checked in style properties, however it must be too early in the morning for me as i cant find it :)

Thansk again
Paul
It's under Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties > Right Content Area Content.

You can disable it completely by unchecking "Show Right Content Area". It is disabled by default in the original Flexile theme but I accidentally left it (and a few other features on the Flexile Style Properties page) enabled when I exported the style. :)

Erik - Awsome - Many thanks!! Deffo will be going Branding-free when i get paid end of the month :) Many thanks for such a great style, in both Flexile and Flexile Dark!!

Paul

I'm not a fan of dark styles at all, but I have to give you credit Erik, this is really very nice.
Good job!

Thank you for the dark skin Erik... although I will have to be honest and say I don't like this style AT ALL.

All the elements are too dark (which is my complaint about dark skins) to the point where they all sort of "blend" together. Its very hard at a quick glance to differentiate the separate elements in a page. If you have a larger resolution monitor, everything becomes pretty hard to read. This is why I recommended the colors I have in this skin:

http://beta.8wayrun.com/media.php?

It solves the problems I'm talking about. I think the big issue is that the Blue/Gold element in the light skin is gone in this dark version, now its just Blue.

Just wondering, is there any chance this template can run in fluid mode? I use the original XF template with the wide fluid mode. Id like to change to this but I think it would be too much work? Current site @ mmazone.com.au

Thank you for the dark skin Erik... although I will have to be honest and say I don't like this style AT ALL.

All the elements are too dark (which is my complaint about dark skins) to the point where they all sort of "blend" together. Its very hard at a quick glance to differentiate the separate elements in a page. If you have a larger resolution monitor, everything becomes pretty hard to read. This is why I recommended the colors I have in this skin:

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I will work on the colors later today and see what I can come up with.

It solves the problems I'm talking about. I think the big issue is that the Blue/Gold element in the light skin is gone in this dark version, now its just Blue.
Try making a dark gold. It looks disgusting. :P

Also I must thank you for having a large site running my themes. Just browsing around your site has allowed me to find lots of issues that I wasn't able to find earlier simply because I don't have a large production site to test on. These will all be fixed later today. :)

Also, I was trying to read through the thread on your site for feedback on the dark skin, but for some reason page 3 of that thread is refusing to load completely:
http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/8wayrun-com-now-running-the-xenforo-beta.6406/page-3

Might want to take a look at that. Thanks again for the feedback. :)

Dark gold = Guldens' brown mustard. yech
mad.png

Also, I was trying to read through the thread on your site for feedback on the dark skin, but for some reason page 3 of that thread is refusing to load completely:
http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/8wayrun-com-now-running-the-xenforo-beta.6406/page-3

Might want to take a look at that. Thanks again for the feedback. :)
Fixed... it was an issue with Wiki page caches and the [wiki] bbcode.

Try making a dark gold. It looks disgusting. :p
Look at the gold on the website I linked... looks great.

Yes. It is a very simple change. Go to Style Properties > General > Page Width Controller and make it look like this:
View attachment 8651

Really? Thats it? I just do that and I can use it fluid style? Just out of curiousity have you visited my site? I use a few mods and have a big custom banner, will this still be ok? @ mmazone.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom