Flat Awesome + - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

Russ

Russ submitted a new resource:

Flat Awesome + - Taking Flat Awesome to new heights

View attachment 119226
Welcome to the next version of Flat Awesome.

Flat Awesome+ brings you a whole new level of customization's and features powered by our XenBase Framework. This next generation of Flat Awesome is the perfect compliment to our light weight but powerful framework. Aside from being on the framework we've made improvements throughout the style for a better overall experience for you and your users.

Here's just a few of the awesome features in XenBase...

Read more about this resource...

Trying to figure out how to style this thing, as I actually want it to look like the free Flatawesome that I have on my forum. How do you make it fluid, so I can have a fluid version.

Trying to figure out how to style this thing, as I actually want it to look like the free Flatawesome that I have on my forum. How do you make it fluid, so I can have a fluid version.

Style Properties -> [XB] General Setup

You can set your max-width there along with a few other common things you may need in the style.

My users are old and saying they're not tech savvy is... well, it's an understatement. They are getting conversations confused with the forum, I think because there aren't enough visual cues to make it clear to them.

Is it possible to give the conversation screens something simple, like a light background color, without affecting the forums?

Thanks for your help!

My users are old and saying they're not tech savvy is... well, it's an understatement. They are getting conversations confused with the forum, I think because there aren't enough visual cues to make it clear to them.

Is it possible to give the conversation screens something simple, like a light background color, without affecting the forums?

Thanks for your help!

Here are some examples, kind of generic but it may get you some ideas:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/demarcate-conversations-style-from-threads.62681/
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/style-for-conversations-vs-public-posts.98513/

Got a few issues after install with the mobile layout. I haven't screwed around with the settings yet.

image.webp

That's' chat by siropu at the top

image.webp

Some weird footer business.

image.webp

Doubling of the post control box

Do you have @Steve F modification to condense the message controls by chance? It's built into XenBase by default so you'll want to disable the plugin if you have it installed.

The navigation link is messing up due to Chris's New Post counter, we made a fix in the release coming out next week but for now if you want to adjust it it's easy to do.

Open navigation template:

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_offcanvas_menu_newposts"><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}"

Take out the ' ' around the find-new/posts

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_offcanvas_menu_newposts"><a href="{xen:link find-new/posts}"

This is in the next version of XenBase so you'll just need to revert the navigation template next update assuming you do no other changes to it.

I believe the footer problem is due to how the Desktop Version is being added in the template modification. I adjusted it for a customer previously but I can't quite remember how to do it. I'll need to see it in use to debug it.

Forgot... if you don't want to disable Steve's addon for the time being because the style isn't live yet or what not, you can disable XenBase's built in version of the message controls:

Style Properties: [XB] Message and Elements - >Responsive Private Controls

Thanks @Russ. I'll wait for the new version before making any edits.

We're not using trophies, so the boxes around the likes and post count look a bit weird. Suggestions for that? Just remove the boxes?

Last edited:
@Russ message layout option 1 and the large avatars aren't working

1.webp

In the options it says it'll work with 0 and 1 but not 2 and 3.

Also, on the Pixel Exit main theme you've got font awesome icons in the user dropdown menu. Any way to get that on this theme?

2.webp

Something I noticed when using the floating nav bar option along with the make entire link a dropdown option - when I scroll down the sub links for Forum like New Posts, Recent Posts, etc, aren't displayed. They only show up when I force it with the disable sub-navigation option.

@Rambo you just need to increase the message user width: Style Properties -> Message Layout -> User Info Container

That property will adjust the width accordingly. We opted out of hard coding in that size for larger avatars but instead made it simple to adjust the width there.

For the font awesome icons... no logical way of using CSS for it because the links have no classes. You can replace the entire navigation_visitor_tabs with the attached txt file code.

Something I noticed when using the floating nav bar option along with the make entire link a dropdown option - when I scroll down the sub links for Forum like New Posts, Recent Posts, etc, aren't displayed. They only show up when I force it with the disable sub-navigation option.

Not sure I understand, are you wanting the sub-nav to float as well? There's an additional option below the float navigation option: Enable Floating Sub-Nav Bar

Attachments

Top Bottom