Browser issue Fix for invisible pagination links in Android Stock Browser 4.1–4.3

Steffen

Affected version
I think we all agree that nobody should be using Android 4.1–4.3 anymore and XenForo should not waste time fixing complicated issues in this crappy browser. :) On the other hand, I'd consider pagination to be an absolutely essential feature even for guests. Without this fix, the pagination (for example in threads) simply isn't displayed at all and it's impossible to navigate to the next page.

I therefore think that this simple workaround for browsers without "inline-flex" support should be applied. I've tested it on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1 (the information that this issue also exists on Android 4.3 comes from one of our readers).

Diff:
diff --git a/src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml b/src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml
index c3186a5a9..916002a46 100644
--- a/src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml
+++ b/src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml
@@ -36534,6 +36534,7 @@ body.is-modalOpen

.pageNavSimple
 {
+	display: inline;
 	display: inline-flex;
 }

@@ -36687,6 +36688,7 @@ body.is-modalOpen

.pageNavSimple
 		{
+			display: inline;
 			display: inline-flex;
 		}
 	}

Unfortunately I think we’ll pass on this. I think even Android 4 can download and use the latest Chrome from Google Play store.

The experience on Android 4 is suboptimal at best - I believe the stock browser won’t load the rich text editor either and I’m absolutely certain there will be much larger appearance issues though I don’t have such an old device to hand.

I know this is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things but there’s many issues in many older browsers and we don’t want to set a precedent for fixing them.

At least it’s template related so simple enough to resolve using extra.less.

Top Bottom