Implemented Filter By Thread Type

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
What would be good is when you click on the tab/link to filter, it formats the same as the content-only forums. So, if you click Questions, it looks like a Questions forum. Articles, expanded (if you set it in admin).

But this is really needed. I just went to the test forum here and I could not tell it was a mixed-content forum. I went looking for questions forgetting this does not exist at all, there is no filter or sort. We really need this, it would be super handy and great for discovery!

Last edited:
I actually think this little improvement will set XF apart from other solutions. I think the mixed content forum with the new content types is genius but now we need a way to single them out for discovery or it acts as a normal forum. ;)

Last edited:

Okay, now the core functionality is there, you just need to make an addon that provides the options in a way similar to your mockup here. :LOL:

I often wonder if most forum visitors ever notice that little filters drop-down, or remember it's there after they do stumble on it, especially if you have it sandwiched in-between several subnodes at the top and your threads at the bottom. But maybe I don't give people enough credit. :unsure:

Agreed 100%, the new content types all have a filter bar, mixed should too it's great for discovery and showcasing this cool feature; mixed content.

Yeah, this is why I also use an addon for prefixes, because I just think it's so much more intuitive, and quicker, for users to have them all laid out there and ready to be clicked as soon as they visit a node.

EDIT: Although I'll add that this can get a bit cluttered looking on a phone, so it's always good to have an option to turn off such things on mobile. (y)

I have a prefix bar too ;)

Yeah and even in filters the words article etc. are hidden. "Thread type" is just a blah admin term members don't usually see. So it is buried. They need Articles, Questions in their face.

Plus would be great if when switch to Question you see votes like a Question forum, etc.

Top Bottom