[TRN] Clean and Simple Thread Lists

[TRN] Clean and Simple Thread Lists 2.8.0

No permission to download
farang updated [fgX] Clutter Cleaner with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 released (read notes)

(Edit: This add-on has now been rewritten and renamed to [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists)

New in version 1.2.0
  • Name changed to [fgX] Clutter Cleaner. (Please remove the old version [fgX] Keep Your UI Clean before installing)
  • New option to select from which post the user avatar is fetched when listing threads. (NOTE!!! To display the user avatar from the last post, currently, you need to install the add-on Last Post Avatar by Waindigo first.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
This addon also prevents the avatars from working on the thread_list with flateawesome plus theme. I had to disable the addon

It also doesn't work with Fusion Gamer. Rounded avatars of course don't work either.

I only like the thread header removal feature. I deleted everything else in the xml file.

same here...

I have similar issues with https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-image.2642/
Images Dont show when this addon is enabled.

+1 The issue with the avatars is confirmed, I'm also waiting the fix.

I've released a new version today which address the avatar problem you've reported. Please uninstall the old version before installing this new one (if you forget you will get a notice about it, anyway)

Please try it out and please let me know the results.

farang updated [fgX] Clutter Cleaner with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.0 released

(Edit: This add-on has now been rewritten and renamed to [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists)

New features in version 1.3.0
  • Option to select to display thread listings poster info (user name and post date/time) from the first post of the thread (default behaviour), the last post in the thread or to disable viewing the poster info.
  • Don't display posters name if the poster is on the ignored users list.
  • Also guests will get a clickable link to the last post of each thread listed (when option to display thread listings poster info from the last post is selected)...

Last edited:
Hello! :)

I realize there will be many more options in the add-on just to style the thread lists. To put all these in a generic add-on like the [fgX] Clutter Cleaner might not be the best option. Therefore I've been working on a new add-on "[fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists" that will be specialized only for this purpose. (Still not officially released)

Also, the [fgX] Clutter Cleaner made extensive code replacements using Template Modifications which caused incompatibility with other add-ons trying to alter the same code. The new add-on "[fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists" uses a different approach. Instead of removing the code, it uses CSS to hide elements whenever possible. It's my hope that it will facilitate coexistence with other add-ons that also aims to alter thread listings. I intend to let [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists replace the [fgX] Clutter Cleaner. Below is a screenshot that shows the new options introduced in the new add-on "[fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists" :

options.webp

What it will look like heavily depends on how you configure it. Below is an example when being used in conjunction with [fgX] Discussion Preview :

example.webp

Thanks!

Last edited:
farang updated [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.0 (Add-on also changes it's name from [fgX] Clutter Cleaner)

New features in version 2.0.0
  • Name changed to [fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists
  • Many new options available
The old version was named [fgX] Clutter Cleaner. This new version is named
[fgX] Clean and Simple Thread Lists

Only if You are upgrading from an older version of this add-on:

You should uninstall the old add-on version named [fgX] Clutter Cleaner before installing this new version.

Uninstalling an add-on in XenForo doesn't remove the add-on...

Some possible FlatAwesome+ issues
"Add Poster Avatar and Timestamp Into the Main Column" - doesn't add the avatar
"Remove the Unread Message Bullet" ...doesn't.

Some possible FlatAwesome+ issues
"Add Poster Avatar and Timestamp Into the Main Column" - doesn't add the avatar
"Remove the Unread Message Bullet" ...doesn't.

Thanks @thumped for the feedback. :)

To display the user avatar from the last post, currently, you need to install the add-on Last Post Avatar by Waindigo first.

The above information was available in the previous version but was left out in the new version. I've added it back now.

I've also made a small change trying to force the "Unread Message Bullet" not to be displayed. If it still shows up while using FlatAwesome+, I can have a look at it. If so, can You PM me your board URL so I can look at the HTML/CSS? (No need for username/password)

Thanks!

Thanks @thumped for the feedback. :)

To display the user avatar from the last post, currently, you need to install the add-on Last Post Avatar by Waindigo first.

The above information was available in the previous version but was left out in the new version. I've added it back now.

I've also made a small change trying to force the "Unread Message Bullet" not to be displayed. If it still shows up while using FlatAwesome+, I can have a look at it. If so, can You PM me your board URL so I can look at the HTML/CSS? (No need for username/password)

Thanks!

OK so i'm testing this again and the bullet issue seems to be a local chrome caching issue - but it works perfectly in incognito mode / other browsers. Clearing cache hasn't helped...

Avatar isn't appearing for thread starter either - except for one or two - in any browser i've tried.

Have a look - https://thumped.com/bbs

Version 2.1.0 released

New features in version 2.1.0
  • Now supports adding the last posters Avatar into the main column without the help of additional add-ons (E.g. Last post Avatar By Wayindigo)
Fixed in version 2.1.0
  • Fixed a problem that prevented the thread starters Avatar to show when "Add Poster Avatar and Timestamp Into the Main Column" was set to "Thread starter".

OK so i'm testing this again and the bullet issue seems to be a local chrome caching issue - but it works perfectly in incognito mode / other browsers. Clearing cache hasn't helped...

Avatar isn't appearing for thread starter either - except for one or two - in any browser i've tried.

Have a look - https://thumped.com/bbs

Thanks for letting me check this on your site.

Yes, it must be something with your local chrome browser cache. It's bullet-free when I'm using Chrome to browse your site. :)

The avatar problem has been spotted and fixed in the latest release ;)

Version 2.2.0 released

New features in version 2.2.0
  • Option to add a reply link at the end of the main column. Note! Currently this link is added without checking if the user has the rights to reply to the thread or not
Fixed in version 2.2.0
  • Removed the poster information at the last line of the main column in cases where option for "Add Poster Avatar and Timestamp Into the Main Column" has been checked and there are no replies to the thread....

Version 2.2.0 released

New features in version 2.2.0
  • Option to add a reply link at the end of the main column. Note! Currently this link is added without checking if the user has the rights to reply to the thread or not
Fixed in version 2.2.0
  • Removed the poster information at the last line of the main column in cases where option for "Add Poster Avatar and Timestamp Into the Main Column" has been checked and there are no replies to the thread....

I'm really liking the addon, but I've had some complaints from members who relied on the old avatar display behavior for threads they've replied to. It seems some members are used to looking at New Posts to check threads they've already replied to, which they can tell at a glance because they can see their own avatar superimposed over the thread starter's avatar. In other words, after I post this reply, I will be able to click New Posts above and when I look on the left I will see your avatar as the thread starter and my own smaller avatar will half cover it. Would it be possible to have an option to retain this behavior? TIA

Version 2.5.0 released

New features in version 2.5.0
  • For better support smaller-screen devices such as mobile phones and tablets, this add-on uses a responsive design. Some elements are only shown when there is considered to be enough width. Please see the FAQ.

• The leftmost column, (Poster Data) can now be set to "
    • Disabled
    • Use Thread Starter
    • Use Last Poster...

Love this latest update, thank you. Just one other thing I wanted to bring to your attention, in case it's not working as intended. When you use "Right Float the Inline Mod Check Box," the mod check boxes will be to the left of any thread symbols, icons such as Watch or Sticky or Like (at least if you're using Post Rating), which of course results in them not being lined up. Maybe not a big deal, just a little unsightly. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it, just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't noticed it. Thank you.

Top Bottom