Few Questions About XenForo

MrSquezzy

So im getting paid soon and i know im going to purchase a license for XenForo. Here is my first question, so i tried the XenForo demo and i saw in the users tag a auto promotion section, i tried to figure out if i can set it up on the version i buy where if they add something to there profile like the custom user fields to there profile it will add them to a primary group that i want to setup have more access to. My second question is, if a user is in the regular user group and i create a premium user for the secondary and create a section where only the premium users can post, will it allow them to post there even though they have both the regular and premium user tag? My last question is, so i saw that you had little notices like
W5ss44t.png

How do i do it, i tried to on the demo version but i had no luck if you can explain because this will really help me get set up as fast as possible.

Thanks for reading
MrSquezzy

i tried to figure out if i can set it up on the version i buy where if they add something to there profile like the custom user fields to there profile it will add them to a primary group that i want to setup have more access to.
Yes, that is possible with custom user fields and user group promotions.
It would be added as a secondary user group though.

if a user is in the regular user group and i create a premium user for the secondary and create a section where only the premium users can post, will it allow them to post there even though they have both the regular and premium user tag?
Permissions are cumulative, so yes.

The screenshot is of a Notice.
Our help manual explains how to set them up: https://xenforo.com/help/notices/

@Brogan
So im testing the demo again and i have a question, so i created a custom user field on the demo, i wanted to create a promotion where when they add the user field that it puts them in a new group, i tried t do it but had some issues.

@Brogan
So im testing the demo again and i have a question, so i created a custom user field on the demo, i wanted to create a promotion where when they add the user field that it puts them in a new group, i tried t do it but had some issues.
It's easy to do.. it's exactly what I do with a couple of Motorcycle group memberships. Depending on the if you select that option, it will put you into a certain group (HOG, Darksider, Patriot Guard, etc) which then also gives you access to certain forum nodes specific to those groups and then awards a trophy that gets displayed on the users postbit.

Top Bottom