1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Mii, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Mii

Mii New Member

Is there a full feature list somewhere? If not, are these features present?
    - Post reporting
    - Profile comments
    - Topic subscription and bookmarks
    - Add multiple styles
    - Add users temporary to a group

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All yes. Except for bookmarks you might want this addon:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bookmarks.272/

Note that temporary group assignments can be managed through the user upgrade system. That system is normally used for paid access, but you can manually upgrade users without them paying. Then the upgrades have expirations.

3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Also check Resources on the top navbar to search addons, and guides to tweaks.

4. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Mike, Kier or Brogan should make a full features list for someone new with Xenforo.
    This list may very long :)

5. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

6. Mii

Mii New Member

Thank you, one more thing. When a post gets reported, where can I see the report? I never noticed any kind of MCP in the admin demo.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. Mii

Mii New Member

So many feature questions left tough. Is there any add-on allowing to create groups or clubs like on Vbulletin? Is there a way I can have the user gain trophy point for each post, or for each X posts? Is there a way to manually add or distract trophy points? Is there a way I can build a reputation system running next to the trophy points module, without any relationships between them?

Thanks in advance.

9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

The trophy system is standard and there is 2 modifications that allow for groups & reputation.

10. Mii

Mii New Member

Thank you so much, I think I'm convinced. Getting some more members tough before switching over.
    One more last question, when I buy a licence, can I remove the board on 1 forum and start it again on another website? Like restarting without having 2 online at the same time?

11. Brogan

12. Mii

Mii New Member

Ah, I though I read totally trough the FAQ yesterday? o_O
    Anyways, thanks for your help! I think that's all information I need.

13. Mii

Mii New Member

It seems like it isn't possible to award trophies for each 10 messages according to the admin demo. :(
    There is a " User has posted at least X messages:" option but I think that one only counts once. It it counted for each new X posts made it would be awesome.

14. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

You can customize the trophy settings. This can indeed be done.

15. Mii

Mii New Member

Is there a guide somewhere which features how to do that? I don't get it anymore.

16. Brogan

Trophies are awarded once.
    You would need to create a separate one for every 10 posts.

17. Mii

Mii New Member

Well, that kinda sucks.
    Any plans on adding this function? I think I rather stay save with UPS on phpBB then. :s
    It should't be that hard so I guess I'll make an add-on if it isn't added yet by the time I'm convinced of Xenforo. It can't be harder then checking if user-posts/X equals the rounded result of user-posts/X...

Also, any plans on adding a feature that awards a user a trophy for posting post nr. 100 or something like that?