1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Fatel

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by roymogg, Apr 11, 2014.

1. roymogg

roymogg Member

I have just tried the first upgrade on this software to 1.3.1 and I am getting the following fatal error:

Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/content/74/11908674/html/XXXXX/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php on line 46

Can you advise the error!!

Can an upgrade be rolled back?
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is an issue uploading the files. You may wish to use a different program. The potential file in this case is library/XenForo/Session.php.
  3. roymogg

roymogg Member

Hi Mike - thanks for the prompt reply.

I use Ipswitch for the upload program are you suggesting I use another? - I have tried another fresh upload same problem. :)

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is definitely an upload issue. Try uploading that file specifically (possibly by deleting the file first). What is the size of that file?

I am suggesting a different FTP client, just in case.
  5. roymogg

roymogg Member

Hi Mike - once again thanks

This is very odd but I have been trying to upload just that file as you suggested. But it did not transfer - went through the motions etc. but nothing showed up?

I have uploaded the session.php from the server side file manager - no problem at all and the upgrade has gone through sweet.

So this problem is closed.

Can you change the message title to fatal error - session.php not loaded just in case others have this problem...