1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatal error while importing attachments

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by twollert, Mar 15, 2011.

1. twollert

twollert Active Member

While importing the attachments at ~80% I get this error:

What can I do?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. twollert

twollert Active Member

Thanks for the quick help, Brogan! That works... :)
  4. The End

The End Member

I'm having this same problem, and the fix in that thread doesn't work. Anything else I can try?
  5. Brogan

What did you increase the memory size to?

Try increasing it further.
  6. The End

The End Member

That's the first error I get, which stays the same with - ini_set('memory_limit', 256 * 1024 * 1024);

Increasing it to or more than - ini_set('memory_limit', 256 * 1024 * 1024 * 1024);

and I get this error:

7. Brogan

8. The End

The End Member

None of them worked, and I doubt my host will increase PHP's memory_limit.

This import worked fine when I tested it on my computer, would it work if I just copied the attachment data files to my hosting account? Everything else is working fine, how can I abort the import at this point?

If I can't get it to work that way, I'm fine with just aborting it and losing the attachments.
  9. Brogan

If everything worked on your local PC then just upload the /data and /internal_data directories to the server and import the local database.

That will completely overwrite what you have on your server.
  10. The End

The End Member

Can I just overwrite the attachment directories without overwriting the database (I already opened up my forums again), or will that screw something up?
  11. Brogan

Well if the import didn't complete then the database contents won't tie up with the attachments so uploading them will do no good as any which haven't been imported won't be used.

Yes, importing your local database file will overwrite your existing data so don't do that if you want to keep it.

Really you need to complete the import so everything is correct.
  12. The End

The End Member

I submitted a support ticket and they did increase my memory_limit. The import completed, but now I'm having the same problem with rebuilding caches, so hopefully they'll increase it a bit more.

Thanks for the help!