Facebook [Deleted]

Hey guys, awesome resource. Might be a silly question but relatively new to Xenforo how do we update the theme or does it automatically update? Cheers!

Hey guys, awesome resource. Might be a silly question but relatively new to Xenforo how do we update the theme or does it automatically update? Cheers!

You will need to download the latest version of styles whenever updates are released.

Is it just a simple matter of re-uploading the files?

I can't speak for everyone else's styles, but my styles don't require uploading files to the server. Just upload the XML files via the administrator control panel.

I don't know why this is an issue for certain individuals and not others. Are you able to confirm the same issue on a thread on KH-Flare (there's a link in my signature)?

Other than your thread avatars looking too big for my tastes, they appear to look okay compared to my site. If both the vbulletin and facebook styles had the members thread sidebars config like the xenForo style, you would have a winner for me.
I would have members screaming at me like this. I think part of the issue is, we have thousands of avatars that have been used by members over the years. Maybe when you start out fresh, and upload a new one they load and present better. But, for older sites that have been around for some time, almost all of the avatars are unacceptable with both these styles. I wish you would change that.

The members left hand sidebar is overwelming as well. Too wide, too dominating.

Hope that helps,

Cheers!

Other than your thread avatars looking too big for my tastes, they appear to look okay compared to my site. If both the vbulletin and facebook styles had the members thread sidebars config like the xenForo style, you would have a winner for me.
I would have members screaming at me like this. I think part of the issue is, we have thousands of avatars that have been used by members over the years. Maybe when you start out fresh, and upload a new one they load and present better. But, for older sites that have been around for some time, almost all of the avatars are unacceptable with both these styles. I wish you would change that.

The members left hand sidebar is overwelming as well. Too wide, too dominating.

Hope that helps,

Cheers!

If you want to send me a PC with a temporary administrator account, I can take a look and see what the problem could be.

Also, for anyone that prefers the default small avatars, this is all you have to do on my styles:
  • Revert the User Info Container style property
  • Revert the Content Container style property
  • Revert the message_user_info template
  • Remove the Quick Reply section from the style's custom CSS template (e.g., facebook_style.css)

I will provide those instructions in future updates.

facebookstyle.webp

Thanks, you are very kind. I may take you up on that but I'll try your suggestions first. Here is how my avatar looks.

I'm also seeing this on 1.3: There are templates that may be outdated. Click here to review them.

Automaticaly I can't ... :
The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

KH-Flare is still running on XenForo 1.3.3. Once we update to XenForo 1.3.4 (@Nights?), I'll have a look and update my styles accordingly.

Top Bottom