1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Facebook Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Douglas Taylor, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Active Member

Seems that in my (modified of course) default style, the Facebook "recommend/like" stopped showing up. All templates have been updated, when I create a new default style, it works. I'm just looking at where to be pointed to determine what's causing it.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Generally speaking, the sidebar_share_page and the share_page templates. If you give us URLs where it should be showing up, that's easier to debug.

3. Douglas Taylor

Douglas Taylor Active Member

Sure, no problem.

Odd, it was working on a newly created "absolutely default" style I created, but now it's not even working there. I'm starting to think it's a Facebook issue, but the Facebook login works as well as the Facebook Integration Test in the admin.

Any page really. It's http://forums.jetcareers.com

4. Mike

Showing up fine here. It was a bit slow the first time, but that just looked like a network issue with FB.

5. Mike

I do see activate.tapatalk.com calls that are failing though, and these may interfere...

Actually, I think that's it. The tapatalk issue is delaying the load event which appears to be something the FB system waits for.

6. emmy

emmy Active Member

Hello,
    @Mike I don't want to create another thread about this issue. It looks like i am having the same issue here - This has been working well for me and suddenly stopped working yesterday. I have been trying to recommend a thread to Facebook and it is not appearing on Facebook when i clicked add a comment. I have also logged into my with Facebook integration and had my Facebook account logged in also. I have the XF 1.3.3

What could be the cause of this?

upload_2014-6-19_13-44-7.png

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014