Facebook Login and Facebook-Reviews ?

erich37

In order to make the Facebook-Login work with XenForo, I have had to set-up a Facebook-App.

Now some strange people at Facebook give bad "Reviews" and low 1-star-ratings at this Facebook-App-page, which I needed to setup in order to make Facebook-Login working with my XF-Forum.

I am a bit confused as to why people write strange reviews and give a bad rating for my XF-Forum?
I actually do not want to have any reviews posted by some strange FB-users who have no clue of my Forum.

- is there any way to make FB-Login working without using of a Facebook-App ?
- is it possible to de-activate "Reviews" at the Facebook-App-page ?

- is there any way to make FB-Login working without using of a Facebook-App ? Simply? No
- is it possible to de-activate "Reviews" at the Facebook-App-page ? Simply? No (Though people can only review your application if they have it installed E.G. they have authorised on your site)

so in order to get rid of some strange FB-reviews. I would need to deactivate FB-Login, right ?

Is the XenForo recommendations towards FB still working when I remove the FB-Login from my Forum ? Meaning I would like to remove the FB-app, but still want to have the "Recommend" feature working.

The Facebook app ratings have no relevance so just ignore them.
They do not affect your site at all.

The Facebook app is not required for the Recommend feature.

so if I decide to de-activate the facebook-login now and also decide to delete the FB-app from my Forum, will users who have signed up via Facebook still be able to Log-in into my Forum ?

so if I decide to de-activate the facebook-login now and also decide to delete the FB-app from my Forum, will users who have signed up via Facebook still be able to Log-in into my Forum ?

I wouldn't have thought that deleting a Facebook app would then allow Facebook logins, But then again I was unaware that users could leave feedback on a Facebook app.

An interesting question which also raises my curiosity

Once their user account has been created, whether that be via the normal method or via the Facebook app, then they can continue to log in using the user name or email address associated with the account.

Top Bottom