Facebook Avatar [Paid] [Deleted]

truonglv

Nobita.Kun submitted a new resource:

Facebook Avatar - Using facebook profile avatar for xenforo

Description:
This Addon allow users can using their facebook profile on xenForo forums.
This Addon also force using profile avatar of user when user using facebook for registering or create an existing account. But with old user of forum, to use they need to be "Associated Facebook Account" before can using Addon.
Requirement:
- You need insert all info of option "Facebook Integration". You can find this at:...

Read more about this resource...

I'm a bit confused by this one.

I can see, of course, that it enables users to specifically choose to use their Facebook profile picture as their avatar. That's cool.

But I just want to be clear: If you register on a XenForo forum using your Facebook account it will automatically use your profile picture as your avatar. That doesn't need an add-on.

You seem to be suggesting that is a feature of your add-on. But actually it's XenForo by default that fetches the profile picture as the avatar.

Ohm. I don't think if someone register with facebook and xenforo auto get avatar for thier. I dont see any action for that ;)

Trust me. It happens. All you need to do is try it with your add on disabled.

If you register with Facebook then the avatar is downloaded and set as the user's avatar.

I think the function that does it is in XenForo_Helper_Facebook

If you register with Facebook then the avatar is downloaded and set as the user's avatar.

Chris is correct, when you register using FB, it pulls your picture for avatar. But, this mod forces the avatar to change when you change your picture on facebook, which xF doesn't do.

This is already a default feature of Xenforo. Add a Preferences option to let members revert back to their Facebook avatar from an uploaded, gravatar or default avatar then you got a winner.

This is already a default feature of Xenforo. Add a Preferences option to let members revert back to their Facebook avatar from an uploaded, gravatar or default avatar then you got a winner.

No @DRE this updates the xenforo avatar when someone that is intergrated with Facebook if they change their FB photo.

No @DRE this updates the xenforo avatar when someone that is intergrated with Facebook if they change their FB photo.
Description:
This Addon allow users can using their facebook profile on xenForo forums.
This Addon also force using profile avatar of user when user using facebook for registering or create an existing account. But with old user of forum, to use they need to be "Associated Facebook Account" before can using Addon.
Requirement: blahblah

All the above reads like the Facebook integration features that already comes with Xenforo.

But I just want to be clear: If you register on a XenForo forum using your Facebook account it will automatically use your profile picture as your avatar. That doesn't need an add-on.
You seem to be suggesting that is a feature of your add-on. But actually it's XenForo by default that fetches the profile picture as the avatar.

I thought this also..

I see the difference.

Once you associate your FB profile, you can choose to go to whatever avatar you have there.

So, if I uploaded a logo for an avatar, then decided to switch, I could hit the little dot and have it go to my FB avatar, or click and switch to Gravatar, or click and go back to Facebook, etc, etc... rinse/repeat/backslash.

Since this was first coded for me, it does exactly as I said :cautious:

If you change your picture on facebook, next time you log into the forum, it forces your avatar to the new picture if you have use facebook as avatar as your avatar option.

The image told me what it did completely. Not sure if I have any use for it at the current time though... maybe in a while, depending.

I like the idea of switching though, without uploading...

:oops: You are right. I just see that but xenForo downloaded avtar and uploading to xenForo so if user change your avatar on facebook xenForo won't get new avatar and my Add-on do.

The image told me what it did completely. Not sure if I have any use for it at the current time though... maybe in a while, depending.

I like the idea of switching though, without uploading...
Yep! This using hotlink to facebook without uploading image to xenforo ;)

Top Bottom