Resource icon

Facebook’s Open Graph Image or og:image For Forums and Threads 1.0.0

No permission to download
I may not be understanding this correctly, but does this add-on default to selecting the first attached image in a thread if nothing else is specified? If not, can it be set to do so.

I may not be understanding this correctly, but does this add-on default to selecting the first attached image in a thread if nothing else is specified? If not, can it be set to do so.
No, you edit the threads you want to share to facebook and upload your own banner/image to them before you share. I like this addon because i can edit the og image i want to fit perfect on facebook. Much neater than any other addon here. I bought the paid one and it through errors. If your attachment image is to wide for facebook recommendations, then it displays and looks crap on facebook. In this case, your better off using the default XF og image. But this mod lets you give your facebook a more Professional touch imo.

Last edited:
No, you edit the threads you want to share to facebook and upload your own banner/image to them before you share. I like this addon because i can edit the og image i want to fit perfect on facebook. Much neater than any other addon here. I bought the paid one and it through errors. If your attachment image is to wide for facebook recommendations, then it displays and looks crap on facebook. In this case, your better off using the default XF og image. But this mod lets you give your facebook a more Professional touch imo.

That sounds great, but I'm looking for a way make it easier for the forum users to post more appealing links from the forum to FB. Wordpress works much like that.

Please update this addon for XF2 it's really an emergency !! Sharing threads on FB and Twitter without ogg image is really awfull and horrible !!
Facebook groups are comptetitors for our forums so we need those addon to increase our visitors and members

How is there no option or addon in XF2 to specify an OG image for a thread? XF2 has been out for years now, how is this not a thing yet?!?!

It's such a basic thing for a forum to have, it worked fine in XF1 but evidently "upgrading" to XF2 means living in the stone age where social media just doesn't exist.

For anyone who still has XF1 installed I say DON'T UPGRADE!

When you inevitably discover all the things that are missing from XF2 you'll look for help and find a crap attitude from devs that don't care about your issues and end up having to trawl forums for code snippets to try to cobble a working forum together and you essentially become a coder for software you've already paid for.

How is there no option or addon in XF2 to specify an OG image for a thread? XF2 has been out for years now, how is this not a thing yet?!?!

It's such a basic thing for a forum to have, it worked fine in XF1 but evidently "upgrading" to XF2 means living in the stone age where social media just doesn't exist.

For anyone who still has XF1 installed I say DON'T UPGRADE!

When you inevitably discover all the things that are missing from XF2 you'll look for help and find a crap attitude from devs that don't care about your issues and end up having to trawl forums for code snippets to try to cobble a working forum together and you essentially become a coder for software you've already paid for.

Yes I've seen that on my many attempts to find an addon that does the job, it isn't what I'm looking for.

I don't want to set the first image in the thread as the OG image, it isn't always appropriate.

I want the same function I had in XF1 where you could click a button at the top of the thread and upload an image or paste in an image URL.

Yes I've seen that on my many attempts to find an addon that does the job, it isn't what I'm looking for.

I don't want to set the first image in the thread as the OG image, it isn't always appropriate.

I want the same function I had in XF1 where you could click a button at the top of the thread and upload an image or paste in an image URL.
Probably the closest thing you’re going to get but will cost you $20. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenbulletin-advanced-open-graph.7292/

Top Bottom