1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Extra] Max Thread Time Limit Per Node [Paid] 1.0.0

Set how often members may create new threads

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Is this per member or overall for the node. Like if one person posts, no one else can post to the node for 10 minutes?

3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

no, per member

example usages:

allow registered users to trade only 1 item per day/week/month and give your premium users more..

4. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Perfect, thanks

5. isaacl

isaacl Member

Will this work with 1.3.1?
    And can separate settings be defined for different nodes?
    Thanks.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

yes
    yes

7. isaacl

isaacl Member

Awesome, thanks a lot!

8. isaacl

isaacl Member

One more question - is it possible to limit new posts, in addition to new threads, so that threads aren't bumped too often?

9. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

not with this addon

10. isaacl

isaacl Member

Any chance of adding that option in, or creating a separate add-on?

11. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

Hi, I think I'm running into a problem with this. On my forum I have regular members who can post one time per week in our marketplace sections. I have an upgrade for "supporters" and they're supposed to be able to post one new thread each day. When I set up this addon, I'm afraid that my supporters are getting the same restriction that the regular members have because the upgrade system ads the upgrade as a secondary usergroup and the permissions on this addon don't let the secondary usergroup permissions override the more restrictive primary usergroup ones. Is there any way to fix this?

12. System0

System0 Active Member

Did you resolve this issue Peter?

I am interested in purchasing this add on, though I am a little concerned about this issue. More specifically, the lack of reply from the developer.

Was the issue resolved privately?

13. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

Nope. @ExtraLicense either didn't see my post or he doesn't care about his paying customers. I don't know which, but I've been unable to use this addon because of it.

14. System0

System0 Active Member

Sorry to hear that. I sent a message to @ExtraLicense to clarify whether the add on is still supported.

15. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Sorry, i thought that somebody replied to this already.

I'll come back to this later today.

16. System0

System0 Active Member

Will you have time to look at this today :)

17. System0

System0 Active Member

I'm ready to buy this as soon as this issue is resolved. Just update me when the problem has been addressed :)

18. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to reproduce this.

Usergroup 1 is able to post 1 thread per day
    Usergroup 2 is able to post 4 threads per day.

I've added the testuser to usergroup1 and i was able to create ONLY 1 thread.
    Then i've promoted him to usergroup2 and he was able to create 3 new threads, before the "post new thread" button was gone(no permissions to create new threads)

19. System0

System0 Active Member

I just purchased the add on. I will try it out just now and see if it works correctly :)

20. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

@System0 if you're interessted, i'll send you a free evalution version and you can test if it works for you:)
    edit: just seen your reply:D
    @petertdavis if it's not working for you, i would be happy to send you the money back ;)