1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 EXTRA.css not saving

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TheJoker, Jun 21, 2012.

1. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

I am working on my localhost, developing a theme, and EXTRA.css won't save. I hit save, (the red 'modified indicator' doesn't go away, but the white popup says it's saved) and then I refresh to see if it worked and it reverts to the last saved version.​
    This is extremely frustrating.​

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Make sure you are not editing the master style (available in debug mode only). Also try relaunching your browser, or try a different browser. I have seen similar problems fixed by relaunching the browser... some kind of client glitch.

3. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

I am editing the "Default Style," whether that's the master style or not, I am unsure of as there doesn't seem to be an indicator for that.

This is happening in both Chrome and Firefox, but thank you for the suggestions. :)

4. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Also occurring in the new test style I just created.

5. Jake Bunce

Interesting. Is it only happening with that one template? Do you have any addons installed? If so then try disabling them to see if that affects it.

6. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Yep, only that template, and the only add-on is the vB4-XF importer, which is disabled.

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try creating a new style, and making changes to extra.css

8. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Did, still not working. I am going to try a fresh-install of XF and see if that does it.

9. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Nope - even with a fresh-install, doing the same thing.

10. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

I was tempted to believe that this is being caused by my running PHP 5.4.3 on my localhost, but I didn't have problems with it before tonight....

11. Jake Bunce

I can take a look if you give me FTP and admin access.

Shelley likes this.
  12. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

It's on my local machine, but thanks! I am going to upload it to my server running PHP 5.3.x and see if that works. If it doesn't, I'll send you some credentials.

13. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Odd. The other changes are saving, but the ones that are not are the ones made to the category header where it has the category description, etc. That won't change without editing the original node_list.css template.

14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity what is the css your putting in for the category description in the extra.css?

Code:
    .nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeDescription {
        color: #DCCDBB !important;
        font-size: 11px !important;
        text-shadow: 0 0 0 transparent, 1px 1px 0 #50463B !important;
    }

15. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

Not that, but it seems to be working now! Thanks everyone!

16. TheJoker

TheJoker Member

This problem is unfortunately back.

17. presidentYT

presidentYT Member

Im having the same problems.. I'm not sure if this makes a difference.. but ive added the same template twice.. I removed the ability to switch templates.. that way i can work on the template without people switching to it.. I do it manually. So as a i work on the new template.. I've copied extra.css coding that is working on the same template thats active, but wont work on the new template that im adjusting... strange.. and yes i have all the importants added.. still nothing.. no matter what i put in extra css.. nothing adjust...

18. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Are either of you using APC for caching on your local install? If so make sure you don't have apc.stat=0 in your config as it tells it not to check for changes and will keep bringing back previously cached versions of files.

May be completly unrelated, but thought I'd throw it in - just in case. (y)

Tracy Perry likes this.
  19. presidentYT

presidentYT Member

The funny thing is having the same template twice... One works fine with any changes to the CSS the other ignores the extracss