1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exporting styles then importing retaining certain things?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Russ, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

So I guess I've never tried this in the past, maybe it's been too long of a day, but I'm exporting a style off my xfstop.com website, and tried importing it to a private dev site, the style name I was doing was XFS Clan, exported fine, imported but, but it appears the style properties were reverted in the process.

Things such as the css is fine, however, under Style Properties: Header and Navigation I set the height to 40px originally, once I finalized the import I checked again it was set to 25(the default xf style height).

Also the image path reset to styles/default, when I had styles/xfslcan, am I missing something? Doesn't appear to be a child style at all.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

It certainly worked for me in RC1.. I've not tested that in RC2

3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

My xfstop.com install was RC1, imported to RC2 dev site.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

hmmm.... Maybe do a RC1 install, then upgrade?

I am not sure how a RC1 skin would handle being put into a RC2.

5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Ya it was no biggie, I'm still doing majority of my edits in CSS, but certain things I had placed in the style properties, I had 3 outdated templates, I'll do some trouble shooting and see if I can't replicate the problem.

6. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I was told that you can't save child+parent styles (thus combining them into a standalone style), you have to replicate the original structure: original parent + child style. Has that changed?

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

nope, both were parent, didn't export it as a child or import it as a child.

8. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Ah. Thanks for explaining!