Ever just have really bad timing?

DRE

I teamed up with a developer on here to create a xenforo site to support one of his products but I completely forgot that I have to train for my new job. Not only that I'm not even done moving over my site's template edits over to the TMS System. I have to stop working on my site and the site I parterned with and stop making resources on xenforo.com for awhile. My new job is Apple at-home tech support but I haven't used an Apple computer before. I feel like a complete noob. It's like I have to learn everything all over again. It's frustrating. When I used to work at CLEAR I used to hate troubleshooting customers with iMacs and Macbooks. They only trained us a little on those.

The iMac is just sitting on the desk next to me collecting dust. I don't even wanna experiment and play around with it. I was pretty much raised off Windows.

Just sending hugs 8th. You're a clever guy as well as being gorgeous so you'll get through this.

Sigh. Wouldn't it be wonderful if making a living didn't get in the way!

Just sending hugs 8th. You're a clever guy as well as being gorgeous so you'll get through this.

Sigh. Wouldn't it be wonderful if making a living didn't get in the way!
Thanks Morgain! Yeah but the good thing is I'll finally be able to start making enough money to pay for the development of addons xenforo desperately needs. As of right now the software is great but due to all the lawsuit and staff in-fighting us webmasters pretty much have to count on each other to develop addons that will enhance xenforo.

Can you churn out paid mods for xf to replace your current salary?
I will have to learn html, php and css. My knowledge of all three as I only started out using vBulletin 4 then played around with Wordpress. PHP is the easiest coding language to learn though so it shouldn't be that hard. When I first started my site I used to be amazed and impressed someone could create an addon. Nowadays I'm not as amazed because there are things I require for an addon that I try to get a developer to see eye-to-eye with me and he just doesn't understand.

I learned that even smart people are retarded. The difference between right-brained and left-brained people have become obvious to me now. Left-brained people tend to have a certain rigid way they do things. Sometimes it gets so bad it affects how they treat people. Right-brained people tend to think outside the box, which will end up causing arguments with left-brained people. Both parties are at mercy of each other though because a developer and customer relationship is a symbiotic one.

As a customer of several addons, I'm getting sick and tired of begging and asking for basic functions that should be added that I know is common sense. Just straight up common sense like wtf. Sorry I'm rambling but this is what I'm talking about. I know I ain't the only person that gets pissed off about this stuff. That's why if you really want to realize your vision, you either need to have the money to do it cause then you can just hire someone or if your broke most of the time like me, you will have to learn how to do it yourself. Which is what I'm trying to do.

When I reach that point that I can actually create addons without depending on guiltar's TMS system then I'll start charging for certain resources. Probably be really cheap like Borboles but I still want to have way more free stuff available than paid. Not trying to make a living off this stuff. It's just a hobby.

I was late for work yesterday and had horrible timing with the stoplights. Literally had to stop at every single one, always got there just as it flipped to red.

Top Bottom