• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Even the Maintenance Page is Pretty

CBI Web

Sorry, I just had to comment on it .. It's better looking than most sites I go to! Just silly almost. Good job to the team, as always.
I thought the same thing. :) I'm now waiting for someone to wake me up and tell me it is still last Wednesday.

F

Floris

I never even noticed it went down... must have been a quick backup+patch :D
Maybe they were just dumping the database, changing files, testing a feature that had permissions involved, or rolling out a new alpha 1 build. Or all together. It doesn't hurt to just throw it behind maintenance. :p

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I actually liked the fact that each page url stayed the same with the maintenance message displayed, instead of a redirect to a static maintenance page.

Another nice touch.

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
We did a major back-end update that would have resulted in broken pages for everyone, so we transparently redirected to a basic HTML maintenance page until we were done. It only took a couple of minutes.

F

Floris

I like that this is thread 1000 too... fitting that it should be punctuated with the maintenance page :)
I had to fight for that .. :p I was sorta hoping it could have been my 1000th post at the same time too. haha.

MtoR

We did a major back-end update that would have resulted in broken pages for everyone, so we transparently redirected to a basic HTML maintenance page until we were done. It only took a couple of minutes.
Oh so the real maintenance page won't exactly look like that ? :)