Errors during IPB import - disabled functions

ColinD

Member
Affected version
1.5.2
This is more of a nice to have over an out and out bug as it's environment specific. Logging here for anyone else, or maybe a docs tweak.

I am using a reasonably restricted php setup, I think...
Code:
disable_functions = escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,exec,ini_alter,parse_ini_file,passthru,pcntl_exec,popen,proc_close,proc_get_status,proc_nice,proc_open,proc_terminate,sho...

Some of those are flagged on the initial installer as a problem, exec for example.

I ran the installer via the cli and was met with a unexpected error. From the logs it was hitting another disabled fn. A few loops I finally got to the list of disabled_functions I would need to enable. I don't have all the log errors as I was resetting the db on each run.

Code:
exec, proc_open, proc_close, popen, proc_get_status

With these removed from disabled I got the cli to run, my 20year old data aside ;)

IDK if these are specific to the cli approach, maybe the cli can throw the same warning the webui would. Although --help was initally failing... I guess if you're running the cli, you'll figure this out, I did and php isn't even a language I use.

So good to have this tool :)
 
Top