1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Error creating new user

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by John, Oct 7, 2011.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Received this error when manually creating a new user via the ACP on my localhost installation:

Screen Shot 2011-10-07 at 3.37.21 PM.png

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That looks like a problem with your unique indexes in the database.

Check these tables using phpmyadmin:

xf_user
    xf_user_authenticate
    xf_user_option
    xf_user_privacy
    xf_user_profile

The highest user_id should be the same in each of these tables. If any of them are higher than the xf_user table then that explains the error. A quick fix is to increase the AUTO_INCREMENT value in xf_user by selecting that table and clicking the Operations tab.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah it looks to me that the data in those tables aren't in sync for some reason. I can only guess that some data was manually edited?

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I only had two users on this install, myself and a dummy account. The dummy account didn't import properly, apparently, after the upgrade from 1.0.4 to B1 but I didn't check it till the upgrade to B2. I did manually delete it from the database because it wouldn't let me from the ACP (saying the user didn't exist) and tried to re-create it via the ACP and got this error. I ended up just re-registering the account from the forum interface.