XF 1.5 Enhanced search errors triggered

Jake B.

XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch indexing failed for thread-861185 Elasticsearch error: Rejecting mapping update to [user_xenforo] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [post, thread] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:1062
Generated By: ********, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/user/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(1185): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), false, 'Elasticsearch i...')
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(81): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_triggerFailedIndexError(Object(stdClass), Array)
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/DigitalPointSearch/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(11): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->finalizeRebuildSet()
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/DigitalPointSearch/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(18): DigitalPointSearch_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->__destruct()
#4 /home/user/public_html/library/DigitalPointSearch/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(18): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_updateSearchIndexTitle()
#5 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(464): DigitalPointSearch_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_indexForSearch()
#6 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#7 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(1457): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionMove()
#9 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Not really familiar with elastic search so I really have no idea what this error would indicate that I've done wrong :)

Elastic Search 6.2.4
Enhanced Search 1.1.8

Nope, was a new ElasticSearch install, I did have to enable an option though and then completely empty the existing index before rebuilding it which (so far) seems to have resolved the issue, but it's only about 1/3 of the way through the rebuild, so I should know for sure in a few hours

This is ElasticSearch 6.x fun. I'ld recommend removing ElasticSearch 6.x and just using ElasticSearch 5.x with XF 1.x.

XF1 doesn't push type-hints into ElasticSearch, meaning ElasticSearch will pick stuff which looks right on the first time data is sent no matter how silly it is. If this was wrong; previously with ElasticSearch 5.x it would just adjust, but with ElasticSearch 6.x you can't change a type mapping with existing data. So it explodes.

You might get lucky by blowing away the entire index and starting again.

Top Bottom