Enhanced GDPR for XenForo 2 [Deleted]

So "normal" Adsense is ok? Or does that still count as user-targeted? (i.e. I think it's targetting a demographic, not a particular individual)

I believe if you turn off the "targetted" ads option in adsense you are fine.

I believe if you turn off the "targetted" ads option in adsense you are fine.
And this is the kind of thing that is needed in Xenforo. We will need a set of options for advertising and apply these to the DFP script in order to comply with GDPR. It will require an addon, obviously.
It applies to all forums running advertising. Is that a large subset of all Xenforo forums? Maybe.

And this is the kind of thing that is needed in Xenforo. We will need a set of options for advertising and apply these to the DFP script in order to comply with GDPR. It will require an addon, obviously.
It applies to all forums running advertising. Is that a large subset of all Xenforo forums? Maybe.

I dont know if that can be done outside of the google control panel.

Google notified us it will provide a new interface soon to decide what you want to do with your ads. You can either ask for consent or disable the user targeting feature for all ads in your account. With that you don't need consent from your visitors but may get fewer paid ads.

There is nothing XenForo can do about it. Also there are endless other ad providers out there and each of them handles the situation differently. Very complicated situation for ad publishers...

Google notified us it will provide a new interface soon to decide what you want to do with your ads. You can either ask for consent or disable the user targeting feature for all ads in your account. With that you don't need consent from your visitors but may get fewer paid ads.

There is nothing XenForo can do about it. Also there are endless other ad providers out there and each of them handles the situation differently. Very complicated situation for ad publishers...
Agree. People offer to provide scripts, but none will work with Xenforo, of course.

Agree. People offer to provide scripts, but none will work with Xenforo, of course.

If you want to ask your visitors for their consent to targeting cookies, you have to write your own script to ask your visitors and forward the result to all the ad agencies you use. If you search the internet there are several scripts out there giving you a quick start. For example: http://advertisingconsent.eu by IAB Europe, compatible with most ad agencies.

Since I doubt that many visitors will agree to get targeting cookies, our way will be to not even ask for it and show non targeted ads only at our site. This is easier to implement, but the effect on our ad revenue has to be seen...

Top Bottom