[Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph [Deleted]

Oh :-( I would pay for that extra feature. Or maybe you could point me where to tweak for getting it to work...

Hi! Really finding this add-on useful, thanks again for continued development.

Minor question: It seems whenever I first put a link into the facebook share box, it will only pull up my OG logo and a user's avatar. If I delete the URL, and paste it again, Facebook will then pull up the attachments from the thread as it should. It's no big deal as I'm happy to simply paste the URL twice, but just curious...

Oh :-( I would pay for that extra feature. Or maybe you could point me where to tweak for getting it to work...
Unfortunately, I'll need a XenPorta copy to be able to integrate it. It's a paid add-on I think? None of my projects need such add-on for the time being, so.. yeah.
That thread is working fine (ref: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/?q=https://www.batacas.com/topics/bateria-electronica-millenium-mps-750.81278/). I'm assuming it's because the thread was made before you installed the add-on, so Facebook was still caching old information. I had to run that page once with Facebook Open Graph Object Debugger to clear the cache.
Hi! Really finding this add-on useful, thanks again for continued development.
You're very welcome~
Minor question: It seems whenever I first put a link into the facebook share box, it will only pull up my OG logo and a user's avatar. If I delete the URL, and paste it again, Facebook will then pull up the attachments from the thread as it should. It's no big deal as I'm happy to simply paste the URL twice, but just curious...
Yes, it's the normal behavior. When you first put the link on Facebook, Facebook have not yet scraped information of the said link. Facebook will still have to store whatever extra images the add-on added to the link's Open Graph tag into their server, but to ensure faster preview, Facebook will probably display the default logo or avatar first (I'm assuming because both of those images are definitely smaller and faster to store into their server than the other images - or those images were already stored in their server).

Im getting some trouble after instalation, could you help me?

XenForo_Exception: [AdvOG/EXCEPTION] Could not fetch caching object... - library/EndlessHorizon/AdvOG/Listener.php:17

(can send more details PV)

and

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function save() on boolean - library/EndlessHorizon/AdvOG/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:193
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Threads can't be accessed.

Hello,

does this allow me to change the default XenForo OpenGraph image generally? Because it overwrites every time I update XenForo and that's hassle to work with :D

No, but if you want to change the default Open Graph logo, you're supposed to change it in Style Properties > Header and Navigation > Open Graph Logo anyways (or use the Search feature in your Admin CP and look for ogLogoPath).

Im getting some trouble after instalation, could you help me?

XenForo_Exception: [AdvOG/EXCEPTION] Could not fetch caching object... - library/EndlessHorizon/AdvOG/Listener.php:17

(can send more details PV)

and

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function save() on boolean - library/EndlessHorizon/AdvOG/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:193
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Threads can't be accessed.
Did you get support or find a solution for this? I got 29 pages of error log in less than an hour. :eek:

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Advanced Open Graph with a new update entry:

Updated to 2.0.2

Notice: Customers will receive an email containing the installations file a few minutes after this change log was posted in XenForo's Resources section.
Click "... Read More" to see some preview images.

Note to existing customers: This update is mainly intended as a hotfix for permission issue in new installations. If you could install the add-on just fine previously, there is no need to update the add-on to this version.

Change logs:
  • Hotfix for permission...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I should probably exclude that from the archive in future versions, but here's the official site of the thing which uses it: http://editorconfig.org/.
What is EditorConfig?

EditorConfig helps developers define and maintain consistent coding styles between different editors and IDEs. The EditorConfig project consists of a file format for defining coding styles and a collection of text editor plugins that enable editors to read the file format and adhere to defined styles. EditorConfig files are easily readable and they work nicely with version control systems.

Hi @BobbyWibowo,

We are getting this mkdir() permission denied error when trying to install the addon (fresh install, v 2.0.2). Any ideas? Other recent add-on updates have worked fine for us. Thank you!

error-og20-install.webp

Last edited:
Hi @BobbyWibowo

Just installed a fresh 2.0.2, tried several times after the first try hung up (probably the fault of my system).

Now I get the following error in every page. I know there are several add-ons listed, but I am unsure how to read the error and which add-on is causing it.
I did not setup Facebook integration yet, just wanted to install add-on.

Code:
An exception occurred: Call to a member function save() on boolean in F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\EndlessHorizon\AdvOG\ControllerPublic\Thread.php on line 193

EndlessHorizon_AdvOG_ControllerPublic_Thread::saveAdvogCache() in EndlessHorizon/AdvOG/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 460
EndlessHorizon_AdvOG_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in Andy/SimilarThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 12
Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in RainDD/UserActivity/Controller/ThreadViewers.php at line 8
RainDD_UserActivity_Controller_ThreadViewers->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in F:/xampp/htdocs/xenforo/index.php at line 13

Code:
XenForo_Exception: [AdvOG/EXCEPTION] Could not fetch caching object... - library\EndlessHorizon\AdvOG\Listener.php:17
Generated By: Xen, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\EndlessHorizon\AdvOG\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(111): EndlessHorizon_AdvOG_Listener::log(Array)
#1 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\EndlessHorizon\AdvOG\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(353): EndlessHorizon_AdvOG_ControllerPublic_Thread::loadAdvogCache(Array, Array, Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View))
#2 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\Andy\SimilarThreads\ControllerPublic\Thread.php(12): EndlessHorizon_AdvOG_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\RainDD\UserActivity\Controller\ThreadViewers.php(8): Andy_SimilarThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#4 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(351): RainDD_UserActivity_Controller_ThreadViewers->actionIndex()
#5 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 F:\xampp\htdocs\xenforo\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(70) "http://localhost:81/xenforo/index.php?threads/urlaub-2017-wohin.50553/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/urlaub-2017-wohin_50553/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
@Triops It seems you don't have back-end caching setup. Try to enable "Store cache into database instead" option or disable "Smart Cache" option (the former is preferable).

Top Bottom