Email Posting [Paid] [Deleted]

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Email Posting - Post new threads via email...

This add-on was a requested custom development. Reselling has been authorised by the requester.

This add-on allows you to create threads by sending an email to a specific email address.

You can specify an email address per-forum, and a cron runs every 10 minutes which retrieves emails from the specified POP or IMAP server, checks them for validity and posts them to the forum.

HTML emails are fully supported, and the HTML will be converted to BBCode before posting.

The emails are...

Read more about this resource...

What happens if the person writes to the e-mail address but doesn't have a forum account? Can a registered member use the e-mail to post to a private forum they don't have usergroup rights to see? Be awesome to my mail inbox built into a forum :)

What happens if the person writes to the e-mail address but doesn't have a forum account? Can a registered member use the e-mail to post to a private forum they don't have usergroup rights to see? Be awesome to my mail inbox built into a forum :)

The post is discarded.

They possibly could. I didn't cover that base, however it's a good point and I'll add a permission check in the next version.

Liam

The post is discarded.

They possibly could. I didn't cover that base, however it's a good point and I'll add a permission check in the next version.

Liam

Would like to see posts from non-registered members be posted by a pre-defined user and for the permission check for it to include allow to send to forum they don't have permission to view. Once these options are added, you can count on a sale from me!

Liam,

I'm in - however a request... If the subject matches an existing subject (word for word, other than a "re:" maybe, could it be appended to the existing title (maybe say if the follow up post was within x days of the original). This way, it could be a wonderful gateway for people to migrate (looking forwards) from Yahoo groups....

More than happy to contribute towards development of this..(or can suggest an expansion of this as a separate add-on with a potential different purpose...however most of the work is done here!)

Cheers
Paul

Top Bottom