• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Email notification links not working

MOZ

So while testing our upcoming forum, we noticed that all the emails the users received for their watched threads or conversations had links which were not clickable (Basically those in the red box below). So is this by design or is there a bug here.

2012-06-25_203133.png

TIA

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
When you say "not clickable" do you literally mean clicking on them doesn't work? Or do they take you to an error?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It looks like images etc. are blocked in that image. The links are probably being blocked too.

This is usually done by your e-mail program.

MagnusB

I was thinking of the option in Admin CP - Options Basic Board Information - Board URL. I see at the bottom right of your screenshot it shows /community/index.php, but on my site it shows the full URL to my board. That is why I think you might have configured with a relative URL, but it should be full (http://www.yoursite.com/community) :)

EDIT:
It should not contain a trailing /, I did that when I originally set up my forum and that will also break your emails URLs

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
yodawn, could you start a private conversation with me on your board? I want to see the e-mail for myself, if possible.

EDIT: Although, I think MagnusB might be right - well spotted dude.