Email Customizer [Deleted]

Maybe that email was sent during add-on installation or cache rebuild process? Some event listeners may not work during XenForo's cache rebuild process, so it is expected.

Suggestion...

Add an option for an image w link at the bottom like you have the logo on top.

Here is what I used the logo for: --- a banner ad, which I can now sell.

Untitled.webp

You can add one already.

In editor navigate to: building blocks -> wrapper table closing.
After </table> add your code, something like this:
Code:
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" valign="top">
<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top">
   code for your footer banner
</td>
</tr>
</table>
Why table instead of using div or simply putting ad? Because some mail clients are ancient, I'm talking pre-IE6 kind of ancient. Unless content is wrapped in table there could be very unexpected results.

In editor navigate to building blocks -> content table opening. Add width="100%" to table tag.

Suggestion: Having the option to select different system eMails to be associated with different eMail templates/styles. Meaning that I can adapt eMail layout to whether it is a contact eMail or a thread reply notification or a password eMail for example. The icing on the cake would be if this would also be true for third party add-ons. So you can make different templates for different system eMails and different add-ons...

Does this work for the Email Users feature in the admin panel?
Only if you select option to send HTML emails and wrap it in XenForo email template wrapper. But if you do that, you already have full HTML code that you can customize yourself, so add-on is pointless.

It doesn't affect text emails. However few users already asked about it, so I'm considering adding feature to wrap HTML emails sent from email users function into customized email layout.

Only if you select option to send HTML emails and wrap it in XenForo email template wrapper. But if you do that, you already have full HTML code that you can customize yourself, so add-on is pointless.

It doesn't affect text emails. However few users already asked about it, so I'm considering adding feature to wrap HTML emails sent from email users function into customized email layout.
What code do I need to wrap emails?

It was a very technical way of saying that under normal circumstances add-on will be useless for mass email feature. With one minor exception that is very unlikely to be used.

Add-on works by changing HTML code in default XenForo emails. It affects every email sent by XenForo, except for emails sent via email users option.

It was a very technical way of saying that under normal circumstances add-on will be useless for mass email feature. With one minor exception that is very unlikely to be used.

Add-on works by changing HTML code in default XenForo emails. It affects every email sent by XenForo, except for emails sent via email users option.
I'm interested in the email users wrapper haha.

Easiest way to get it is to view source for any HTML email sent by forum in your email client.

Separate HTML code in source. It starts after something like this
Code:
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
and ends 1 line from end of file.

So it starts with <html and ends with </html>. Select those lines, copy them. That text is useless because its encoded. You need to decode it.

To decode it click here: http://www.webatic.com/run/convert/qp.php
Paste text into "Decoded" field (second textarea on page), click "Decode" button. It will convert email into usable HTML code.

That's it. You'll have basic HTML code you can use as base for custom HTML emails. Edit it in your favorite HTML editor (I recommend any simple text editor such as Sublime Text because HTML editors might mess up stuff). Then copy HTML code from it into email users feature, select option to send HTML emails and test it.

Since you have access to full HTML email and can change colors/layout yourself, this add-on isn't needed. This add-on is needed to change layout of other emails sent by XenForo.

Except that instead of adding feature to this add-on, I've released separate free add-on that improves email users feature
Would you please import that solution to payed addon too or we have to install that free addon for admin mails?

Top Bottom