XF 2.2 Editing issues

Mendalla

Anyone had issues with the editor freezing? I have had a couple variants of this, both using GBoard with Chrome, including my site running as a PWA.

One happens when I am just typing. The cursor will just stop and the browser seems to be frozen. If I send the browser or PWA to background, then bring it back, the missing characters appear and I can type again.

The other happens after I paste a link, usually a media link like YouTube. The cursor will just sit at the line where I pasted the link and I have to tap the next blank line to advance and continue.

I have switched to Samsung native keyboard to see if the problem is GBoard. So far so good but there are reasons I prefer GBoard, mostly I find the auto-correct and predictions better. Anyone else?

GBoard I've had issues with using it on other sites. It would do the same thing to me it has to you so I stopped using it until they can fix those issues.

Thanks, @Mythotical. Won't flag this solved yet in case someone has something else but if switching to another keyboard fixes it, I guess that's what I will do. I'm overdue to have another go at using Samsung's keyboard anyhow. Haven't tried it since upgrading my S9 to Android 10 and I'm sure the Samsung keyboard has had a few iterations since my last time testing it.

@Mendella no problem. I love GBoard but until they release a version that doesn't lock up when trying in browsers then Samsung keyboard it is for now.

Top Bottom