Ebay Parser [Deleted]

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Ebay Parser - Adds eBay campaign ID to links in messages.

Description:

The Ebay Parser add-on is used to convert eBay item links immediately after a message is saved. The converted links will include your eBay campaign ID.

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 71148
Features:
  • Different campaign IDs can be added for each of the seven countries this add-on supports
  • Adds campaign ID to eBay item links
  • Deletes any existing campaign ID and adds your campaign ID
How it works:

When a member...

Read more about this resource...

When I tested this out, it didn't seem to change the links to anything other than the Ebay link I posted. The link I copied from Ebay stayed the same once posted. I looked at your latest add-on and viewed the demo page and the pop-up demo links were the correct affiliate link format. The links with this parser don't seem to be changed at all?

For now, I will have to continue using the out of date urlrewriter. Maybe make this one work the same way your other one re-writes links?

Andy, great add-on. Thanks so much for doing this.

Is it possible that an "Ebay Parser All" may be released in the future so that all prior links may also be updated as necessary?

Andy, is the eBay Parser designed to add campaign id's to all pages linked from eBay (searches, member pages, completed auctions, etc.) or will it only work with actual auction pages?

Our eBay affiliate income has dropped like a rock since we switched from the URL Writer (which worked perfectly) in June and we're trying to figure out why. I was curious if you or any other members had any insight.

Beautiful addition to my new forum but I have a suggestion. Why not make it work in conversations and in Xen Blog? Now that would be awesome (same thing with the Amazon too).

Just noticed it only works for items. I thought it would work for anything containing the "ebay.com" domain. stores, deals etc...

I'm not able to get the new version working - upgraded, errors (as below), uninstalled, reinstalled, same errors. Files are definitel up-to-date.

Fatal Error: Access level to Andy_EbayParser_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post::_messagePreSave() must be public (as in class Andy_AmazonParser_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post)A moment ago - library/Andy/EbayParser/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php:4

Disabling hasn't cured the problem so have uninstalled for now.

Help appreciated!

(BTW I may be slow in replying to replies - very limited internet access the week. Thanks :) )

Solved since update of Amazon Parser to 2.5

Last edited:
I'm not able to get the new version working - upgraded, errors (as below), uninstalled, reinstalled, same errors. Files are definitel up-to-date.

Fatal Error: Access level to Andy_EbayParser_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post::_messagePreSave() must be public (as in class Andy_AmazonParser_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post)A moment ago - library/Andy/EbayParser/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php:4

Disabling hasn't cured the problem so have uninstalled for now.

Help appreciated!

(BTW I may be slow in replying to replies - very limited internet access the week. Thanks :) )
I got these too and the affect was that members couldn't actually reply to posts. disabled and that stopped the behavior.

Hi! Just upgraded to last versions and something's not working.
I think it is related to the new Xf 1.5 feature "Link title conversion". If I deactivate that feature, it works perfectly.
If title link conversion is activated, the plugin doesn't work.
ebay parser all detects these unprocessed links, but cannot process them either.
However, Amazon parser works perfectly.
Kind regards!

Top Bottom