[EAE] Bumper [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

[EAE] Bumper - Allow members to bump content and prevent double-posting.

Description:

Bumper adds new permissions to give members the the option to bump content without making a post. They can be set to allow bumping of only their content or others contents. You can also set when the bump expires. Expired bumped content will fall back in their proper order as if they were never bumped. Admins can also set permissions to not allow members to make a double-post in their threads or others threads.

Bumper supports the bumping of resource items (requires...

Read more about this resource...

Lawrence updated [EAE] Bumper with a new update entry:

New options, permissions, and changes

Options
  • added a Unit option for the Time limit for re-bumping content option. Possible choices are Minutes, Hours, and Days. Defaulted to Hours on install/upgrade
  • added the option Count re-bumps against a members total bumps per day. This should only be selected if the permission Bump xxxx content by others is set to 'No'
  • added the option Display members remaining bump count when viewing a forum. If checked, the members' remaining bump count...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the great Add-on
But There is a problem: the Add-on does not update the date of the last post
So the visitor may think that the forum is deserted

Thanks for the great Add-on

Thank you, :)

But There is a problem: the Add-on does not update the date of the last post
So the visitor may think that the forum is deserted

I chose to not manipulate the last post date so that after the bump expires the thread falls back to its natural position. And as well, having threads show up in what's new when there is no new content just seems misleading to me, so I added the New Bumps tab under the What's new page for discoverability.

If enough users of this add-on wants an option to change the last post date I can add it in.

We recently installed this add-on and it's generating Server errors in the XF ACP.

Code:
 Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::getViewClass() src/addons/EAEAddons/Bumper/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:12

Generated by: Unknown account Feb 16, 2021 at 6:20 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): EAEAddons\Bumper\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/addons/SV/UserEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(31): EWR\Porta\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\UserEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#6 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#7 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#8 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#9 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(66) "/index.php?threads/url.102567/"
  ["referrer"] => string(77) "url.11/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/threadtitle-2021_102567/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting it @Grumpy Squid, good timing. I'm going to be releasing 1.2 soon, and I believe I have that error fixed, I'll double check to be sure.

Can you disable (you won't lose any settings) User Essentials and Porta and see if the error is still there, and then enable each one and check for the error again. I'm just curious, :)

Edit: I just reproduced it, :)

Last edited:
I have the above bug fixed. If you do not want to wait for Bumper 1.2, open: EAEAddons->Bumper->XF->Pub->Controller->Thread.php

Find:
$parent = parent::actionIndex($params); (line 11), and directly below add:
PHP:
        if (!$parent instanceof \XF\Mvc\Reply\View)
        {
            return $parent;
        }
And hit save. File heath check will report unexpected contents for the above file, but that can be ignored.

One more question, I suppose this might fall under a feature request but our users think this behaves more like a bug. When a user is the last poster in a thread they are unable to use the reply and quote buttons. Instances where being able to use those buttons without being able to reply would be useful would include quoting a post to copy and paste into a different thread (or pasting into an edit of your last post) and drafting the post for when you CAN reply. Please let me know if this capability falls within the development scope of this add-on. At the very least we would like to be able to use the quote/reply button when someone edits their post.

Last edited:
Good day @Grumpy Squid, the bumper add-on comes with two permissions that prevent double posting, it sounds like these are set to prevent double posting. If so, the quote button/reply button will not be available. There is nothing else in the add-on to prevent replying/quoting. Do you have those two permissions set?

Yes we have them set, we use this add-on primarily to prevent double posting. We were wondering if it's possible to at least allow users to reply/quote without allowing them to post/submit.

Yes we have them set, we use this add-on primarily to prevent double posting. We were wondering if it's possible to at least allow users to reply/quote without allowing them to post/submit.

The bumper add-on does not allow quoting if they cannot reply. My admin tools add-on does allow this, however; it is a paid add-on. If you would like to check if it does what you want drop me a PC, :)

Lawrence updated [EAE] Bumper with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, new options, and changes

Bumper v1.2.0 was an internal release only. This update includes 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 changes.

Bug fixes
  • fixed a bug that prevented threads with an unexpected view class from being bumped
  • fixed a bug that caused a bumper entity error when trying to view bumper statistics if BumperRM was uninstalled
  • fixed a Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::getViewClass() bug
Changes
  • thread bumps per day permission is now a forum permission. As a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way to stop replies from bumping a thread? I'd like this addon to be the only way users can bump.

Is there a way to stop replies from bumping a thread?
Unfortunately no, as changing this behaviour when a reply is made will mess up the last post info for the thread/forum which needs to be accurate.
I'd like this addon to be the only way users can bump.

The only options I see to accomplish this is that you can take away the Double post own threads (and maybe Double post in threads by others) permission, or just remove the permission for making replies in that particular forum.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom